Chapter Thireteen

Start from the beginning

"Man shut up," Keyshawn said lowly flipping through pages in the book.

"What was that?"

"Were quiet now, can you just go back to teaching us thank you," I said not wanting to entertain his pettiness.

Turning around to the board he started writing stuff again, as we copied his notes. Out of nowhere my stomach growled, and he turned back to me laughing.

"You wanna get some food after this. It's your last class too right?"

"I just want something sweet I'm on my period so I just have more of an appetite than usual."

"Aight' wait for me after class."

Minutes passed by, and when the bell rung I went straight to my locker not wasting any time. I was the type of student who wanted to be out as quick as possible. I be booking to the doors.

"Hey, Trinity."

"Hi, Natalie," I said not turning around knowing the voice.

"Keyshawn told me to tell you to meet him by his car."

"Aight' thanks. How have you been? We don't talk that much anymore." I asked really wanting to know. We weren't close like that, but I was always the one out of all my friends mad or not to want to make sure everyone was doing good. Someone would have to fuck up with me really bad for me to not care.

"I'm good, I just been mostly chilling by myself, or with Mya and her friends. We can walk and talk I'm leaving to. How are you?" She asked as I slammed my locker shut tugging on it to make sure it was closed.

"Oh okay good. I haven't seen Mya since the trip. I'm just trying to focus on myself right now, keeping myself out of drama regular degular shit." Laughing at me she nodded her head understanding.

"You know where his car is at?" I asked before she answered with a no but we just walked around hoping to find it soon.

"Ahem!" Clearing their throat we turned seeing Christian in his car looking at me. He was someone I had in some of my classes he was okay, but we didn't talk that much. We talked on the phone from time to time as well when I felt like it.

 We talked on the phone from time to time as well when I felt like it

"How you gon' walk past me like that y'all females so disrespectful."

"I ain't even see you my bad. This my friend Natalie."

"Wassup." He said to her as he leaned more out the car.

Natalie's eyes were glued to him, as she turned red

Natalie's eyes were glued to him, as she turned red. I already knew what that meant, and by the now smirk on his face I knew he knew too.

"I'm going to go, I have to meet my mom. Nice meeting you." She said smiling as she walked away almost tripping over her shoes in the process.

Turning back to him I smirked, as he shook his head.

"Not my type, she pretty, but I don't like chunky females." Frowning I shrugged it off.

"Were you about to go?"

"I'm going out with a friend. If I FaceTime you today you gon' answer?"

"Of course."

Smirking I walked away saying "bye", leaving him to do whatever he was doing before. After finding his car, which was a black 2018 Camaro, we sped off to 16 handles.

We discussed what type of car I was planning on getting soon. I had wanted a 2018 black jeep wrangler for my first car. I had wanted many more, but that would come with how successful I would become with my career.

"So what do you wanna do?" He asked before stuffing a spoonful of chocolate flavored frozen yogurt with toppings in my mouth.

"I really don't know. I know it's going to be between a writer, or an OBG/ YN." I said before stuffing the original frozen yogurt in my mouth.

"Those are totally two different types of careers."

"I know but when I was younger I changed what I wanted to do all the time. At first, it was a Veterinarian since I love animals like I would literally cry during the ASPCA commercials. Then I changed it to a model since when I was younger I actually modeled for a few, then it was a fashion designer. Now it's these." I said shrugging really hoping I didn't change my mind again.

"Damn you were modeling? Shawty was doing big things. I think you should be a writer, you're writing is really good." Thanking him I knew he was giving his opinion since he read some of my short stories before, I had also offered to do his English homework from time to time doing his essays too.

"What you gon' do if God forbid this music shit don't work?"

"My ass gon' be cheffing it up in the kitchen making big money." Smiling at his little dance he did acting like he was whipping something up, I put my head down in second-hand embarrassment since people were looking.

His ass couldn't dance.

"What you doing tomorrow?"

"I gotta' take this weave out."

"Let me help. Just tell me what time, and I'll come over." Scrunching my face up I was surprised at the sudden urge he had to want to be hanging out with me.

"You don't have to act like you want to hang out with me if you're trying to make me feel better," I said honestly not wanting anymore more bull shit from him.

"I want to spend time with you. I told you what I said was out of feelings I can't express right now, but what I said? Just let me know the time before school ends tomorrow." Nodding my head, but screaming in the inside I knew my mom would be coming home late since it was Friday.

My smile disappeared when his phone started vibrating on the table. Looking down we both seen Emily's name.

Not reacting he pressed the power button so it would decline. Raising my eyebrow I was curious to why he didn't answer.

"Don't look like that. I don't have to answer anyone if I don't want."

"That's your girl though," I said wanting him to correct me, as I took another mouthful.

"Just because I'm hitting that it doesn't mean she, my girl." Bingo.

Releasing a breath he smirked at me, as he put the container that once had yogurt on the table next to his phone.

"Don't worry. Your time ain't no one else time" Hiding my smile with my hands, he pulled them away from my face.

"You the main one talking about you don't like people touching your face, but look at you."

"Okay but I'm me, I know where my shits be." Taking my hand away from his, I looked down finishing up my yogurt as I looked around seeing how packed it was.

Putting my attention back to him I saw him looking at me and typing something on notes on his phone.

"I ain't into breaking hearts I swear I would take it all back if I could. Let's get this understood, cause' right now we misunderstood." I heard him mumble as my heart fluttered, not even really understanding what he was saying.

"What are you doing?"

"I gotta type the lyrics I just thought of, before I forget them."

"Okay, but why you staring at me." Not answering my question he continued typing occasionally looking up.

"Aight' I'm done. I gotta' finish that later on when the rest come to me."

"You ain't answer my question."

"Trinity one day you gon' be listening to some of my songs, and know some lyrics are about you. Straight like that."