21. Lost Without Him

"Pop could you make me a tea please?" Alexis asked as she walked into the kitchen from the front door.

"Sure sweetheart. You alright?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, it's just abnormally cold out of October, and I didn't bring enough layers to walk around campus." Alexis explained as she sat at the kitchen table.

Harry chuckled to himself as he walked over to the table with Alexis' tea and sat across from her at the table. "So your classes are going well? You like all of them?" He asked.

"Yeah I really like my one illustrating class, but my favorite is my English class." Alexis said happily.

Harry smiled at her. "Well you're gonna make a great author and illustrator some day love." He said softly.

"Thanks pop." She before she took a sip of her tea. "Any plans tonight?" 

"I have to drive Cody, Emma, Josh and Zaria to the mall, but after that your dad and I are just gonna hang out with the kiddos."

Alexis thought about that, her little brother going out with his girlfriend on a double date. "When was the last time you and dad went out?" She asked.

"Uhm maybe a month ago. We didn't really do anything though." Harry said, remembering the night he and Louis did it in the car. "We wanted to go out for our anniversary but with Lou's schedule, my schedule, and all you guys getting back to the school schedule we just didn't have time." He said sadly.

"But pop it was your 20 year anniversary!!!" Alexis nearly yelled.

"I know we just didn't have time to do anything." Harry said looking at his hands.

"Well I'm sure thats not true." Alexis said through a smirk as she sent a wink at her dad.

"Shut up." Harry muttered through a smile.

"But still!! Why don't you guys do something?!" She asked.

"We don't have the time sweetheart. Your dad isn't coming back until 7 or so tonight and thats when I'm taking the kids out. He's just busy coaching the national team right now." Harry explained.

Alexis thought for a second. "Wait what time are you taking the kids to the mall?" She asked.

"Uhm around 5:30. But I have to pick some things up so I won't be home until around 7."

Alexis nodded and got a sly smile across her face. Harry eyed her from across the table and she just nodded again before getting up and walking to her room.

"Okay then..." Harry muttered to himself before looking at the clock. He figured he should probably make sure Cody is almost ready to go.

Harry got up from his chair and jogged up the stairs to Cody's room. He pushed his number and waited patiently for him to answer the door. When the door swung open Harry saw Cody dressed nicely for his double date.

Can you help me with my hair? Cody asked sheepishly.

Harry nodded and smiled to himself as he walked into his room and had Cody sit on the bed. As Harry ran his fingers through Cody's hair it was all too familiar.

There buddy, all set. Harry signed once he finished doing Cody's hair like he used to when he was that age.

"Thanks pop. Is it time to go?" Cody asked as he grabbed his fall jacket.

Harry nodded at him and Cody followed him to Alexis' room. Harry knocked on the door and waited for it to open. 

"Hey I'm taking your brother now, can you watch the kids? Charlie should still be napping but Rosie and the twins are in the playroom downstairs." Harry said once Alexis opened the door.