15. A Good and a Bad Change Are Coming

4 Months Later

"Well Harry you're just over 4 months pregnant and everything is looking great. Now would you like to know the sex of the baby?" The doctor asked Harry as she looked at the ultrasound on the screen.

Harry glanced over at Louis who held Harry's hand firmly. Louis shrugged and left the decision to his husband.

"I think we want it to be a surprise." Harry said.

"Okay, well then I'll assume you guys want a copy of the ultrasound?"

"Yes, please." Louis said through a smile.

The doctor nodded happily and handed them the ultrasound as Louis helped Harry clean the clear gel off his rounding stomach.

"Thank you Sarah." Louis said to the doctor as he and Harry left the room.

"So a surprise huh?" Louis asked Harry as he opened the passenger door for him.

"Well yeah. We knew the genders off all the kids when they were born and I thought it would be fun if this one was a surprise." Harry explained as he climbed into the car.

Louis smiled at him before walking over to the drivers side of the car and climbing in himself. "You're right, it will be fun. We should sit the kids down after dinner and talk about names and how we want to decorate the nursery and everything." Louis offered as he smiled softly to himself 

Louis and Harry made the drive home, hand in hand and singing along to the radio. When they pulled up to the home Louis hopped out of the car quickly and ran over to the passenger side, opening the door for Harry. Harry laughed to himself as Louis offered his hand to Louis like he was helping a princess out of her carriage.

"You know I can open the door and get out of the car by myself." Harry said through a chuckle.

"Never hurts to be a gentlemen." Louis said before leaning in and kissing Harry sweetly.

They made their way up the path to the front door fingers intertwined. When they pushed through the door and walked to the kitchen they were met with the twins and Rosie with flour on their faces and all over the kitchen.

"Alexis!" Louis yelled as he couldn't take his eyes off the mess.

He heard shuffling in the living room before their daughter appeared in the kitchen with the same shocked face Louis and Harry had.

"You were supposed to watch them, what the hell happened?" Louis asked as he walked over to the flour coated twins.

"W-we were watching a movie and I guess I fell asleep." Alexis said.

Harry huffed as he looked around his kitchen in complete disarray. "Rosie go upstairs and take a shower." He said sternly.

Rosie dropped her head knowing both of her dads were mad at her. She walked out of the kitchen with her eyes fixated on the ground, scared she would get yelled at for making a mess with her brothers.

"Boys go up to mine and your dads bathroom and I'll be up there in a minute to help you." Louis said angrily.

The twins nodded and just as Rosie did they bent their heads in shame, knowing they were in trouble.

"God what the hell were they doing?" Louis asked once the kids were out of the room.

"I think they were trying to make a cake... I told them we could after the movie." Alexis said quietly.

"You know when you watch them you need to actually be watching them right? Do you see this mess?" Louis asked as he looked around the kitchen with flour on the cabinets and all over the floor and walls as other ingredients were laying around the kitchen. "This was completely irresponsible. They're 8 and 4, did you expect them to able to do this by themselves!?" Louis scolded