III - Maladroit

III - Maladroit

mal·adroit\ˌma-lə-ˈdrȯit\
adjective
: very awkward : not skillful or adroit

🍁

Calculus. That one word that could ruin one's perfect day. Jessica always hated numbers. Whoever invented Math however useful it maybe hopefully when he died his equations went with him in his grave too. But it didn't and now millions of poor souls are suffering on earth and are probably regretting ever living because of stupid letters and numbers. She thought dramatically.

She mentally sighed, she had been reading the same page for the last 10 minutes and she still didn't understand a thing. Their exams are coming up. Unlike other schools where they take all of their subjects given to them for the whole sem, they have a blocking system wherein they only take 2-3 subjects a month then final exams and after that next block with next subjects starts. It confused Jess the first time she heard it too but that's what their school offers. And this time she is forced to study Calculus and Financial Management for the rest of the month.

"Hey, I'm going home. Do you want to come with me?" Via tapped Jess' arm.

"You could go ahead, I still need to finish this. I can't study at home, you know that."

"Right, your brothers are noisy." And even if they aren't, the truth was, she didn't like studying at home. She has her 2 older brothers at their apartment and  the other 4 are at home far away from college. Yes she has 6 brothers. Her parents got busy. She almost laughed to herself knowing how chaotic their house always is when all of them are together. "I'll go ahead then. Bye!" Via waved and grabbed her belongings.

"Bye, take care!"

An hour has passed and she looked at the wall clock. It's 6 PM, it's going to be dark outside. She looked around her to see that the library is deserted. Oh wow. She thought. She was persistent.

She finally got out of the library. She didn't know if she learned whatever she studied though. It's now almost 7 PM and although her apartment is close she still wanted to take a cab because it's already dark.

The universe must hate her. There was no cab. How is that even possible? She sighed and walked, maybe she could take a cab if she slowly walk from here but then maybe she'll reach her home at that point.

"But did you see her? She was so ugly no one would want her!"

"I know, she was just a one time thing, she was good in bed though."

5 guys were laughing and they were walking her way. And this is why she hates walking. Jess continued walking with her head bent, she was just counting her steps not looking at those perverted looking guys when they stopped her.

"Oh hey. Where you going?" She heard someone speak, she looked up and almost ran back to where she came from. God, she knows it's wrong to judge people by their appearance but this is the ugliest face she'd seen. Surely they were just joking when they were talking about the girl in his bed, who would possibly bed any one of them?! She grimaced. Someone from above forgive her for her thoughts. She silently prayed for that and for getting out of here in one piece.

She didn't reply and walked past them but someone shoved her back and she almost fell backwards. This time she was panicking like hell, they were looking at her like they want to kill her.

"Oi, we were talking to you." The same guy who talked to her snarled. He had really ugly teeth.
"W-what do you want?" She stuttered and that's possibly the clichest line a victim could say. She hated how weak she sounded.

"Not what, who." Ugly 2 smiled, gross. She can't believe she made them nicknames.

"If you want money, I'm broke so you could go bother someone else. I'm probably more broke than you guys are." That was true.