Prologue

"Welcome back to Battle of the Bands!" The handsome man on the screen smiles warmly at the camera, welcoming 700 live audience members and all the viewers at home who are tuned in to watch the finale of Knet's biggest survival competition. "I am your host, Lee Seunggi. In just a few moments time, we'll find out who will reign supreme in Battle of the Bands." Loud music blasts from the speakers and the live audience erupts into cheers and applause. Lee Seunggi walks to the main stage as cued, taking the place in between the last 2 groups standing.

The group on the right had 7 girls dressed in black, giving off the oh-so familiar confident and powerful aura that their fans love about them. Talented and charismatic faces that put them on the path to fame even before they debuted exactly a year ago. They're a team looking to extend their debut contract.Their fans, new and old, cheering for them nonstop.

On the left, 12 fresh faces smiled nervously at the live audience. A group that gained support through their determination and will. Completely different from LIGHT, the 12 girls redefine the concept of girl crush, incorporating femininity and elegance in their music and group choreography. They're a team threatening LIGHT's spot on the throne.

Recognized as rivals from the beginning, these 2 girl groups battled out hundreds of other groups to get to the last stretch of the competition. Different they may be, but talented they both are. While one offers the idea of familiarity, the other proposes a change. LIGHT leads the offline national votes, but IZ*ONE has been a trending topic on most social media platforms. The unpredictability and the showcase of immense potential between the two groups has allowed Battle of the Bands to reach record-breaking ratings in the last 2 episodes. At least half of South Korea is glued to their TV screens as of this moment.

"Who will your Battle of the Bands champion be?" Seunggi opens the envelope. He already knows who will win, but you could feel the air thin. Suspenseful music plays against the backdrop of the live audience's nonstop cheers. Everyone is at the edge of their seats. "And the winner is..."