This Isn't Like Her

When she woke up in the morning the sun hurt her eyes more than usual and she realized it was because her eyes were red and puffy from crying all night. She got up and went to put some make-up on, then she carelessly threw on some clothes from her closet before she trudged down the hall.

She didn't feel like eating so she made her escape when her parents were deep in conversation about Shawn and Katy's upcoming wedding.

Auggie frowned. "Riley left. Without breakfast or saying goodbye."

Her parents turned their attention to their son then the door. They sighed.

"Cory, take Riley some breakfast and make sure she eats it." Topanga said.

Cory nodded and stood to put some bacon and eggs into a Tupperware container, then he kissed his wife and ruffled his son's hair before he left.

When he got to the school he saw Riley standing by Maya's locker. He ducked out of sight when he saw Maya and Lucas walk up to her.

"I thought, I thought you wanted to talk alone." Riley said looking down.

"No. You want to talk, finally, talk. I'm just getting things out of my locker before Lucas walks me to class."

Riley frowned at Maya's comment and wouldn't look at Lucas, but she felt his eyes on her and not in a good way. She could feel that he was waiting for her to say something to tick off Maya and then he would comfort her, his.. Riley sighed just thinking it. ..girlfriend.

Maya was rummaging through her locker clearly giving Riley time to say something, but Riley just took a deep breath and walked away from them.

Maya shook her head and frowned. "I told you she didn't actually want to talk. She just wanted you to not be upset with her." She sighed.

Lucas pulled her into his arms and kissed her forhead. "Well I am. I want you to be happy. I don't like seeing how much this is upsetting you. I feel like it's my fault." He sighed. She just nuzzled into his chest and wrapped her arms around him. "Maya, if you want to break up with-"

"No. Stop saying that. I don't." She said pulling away and looking up into his eyes. "I want Riley to be the friend I know she is, this isn't like her."

Cory took that moment to come out of hiding and walk down the stairs to the couple. "Oh, hey Maya." He couldn't help glaring at Lucas. "You." Even though Lucas wasn't with Riley Cory still cared for Maya and didn't want any boys too close to her either. "Riley snuck out without breakfast. Can you give this to her? I won't see her until close to lunch and I don't want her to miss a meal." He said handing Maya the container and watching as her eyebrows furrowed in concern. He smirked to himself then he walked away from them.

"Riley didn't eat?" Maya frowned, her concern became anger and Lucas saw it. Maya slammed her locker and started walking away, but Lucas was hot on her tail trying to make sure she didn't cause a huge scene in the hall.

Too late..

Maya had Riley cornered so she couldn't walk into class, a crowd was already forming, and he noticed Farkle and Zay were failing at controling it even though they didn't know what was going on with the girls, they could tell it wasn't good.

"Here. Your dad gave this to me. He said you skipped breakfast." Maya said shoving the container towards Riley. "If you're not eating now because of me and Lucas I will honestly hit you. That is so stupid."

Riley coward a little then she took it. "I left early and didn't eat yet. It's not a big deal. The school has snack machines everywhere and lunch is in a few hours. My dad overreacted."

Maya huffed. "Whatever. If you do anything stupid like that because Lucas and I are dating I will end you, got it?" Maya snapped at her.

Riley just nodded. "Got it."

Maya walked away yelling at the crowd to move. Lucas gave Riley a disappointed look then he went after Maya to calm her down.

Farkle looked at Riley with concern. "Riley, really, are you alright? Are you honestly still eating? You have eat. Your body needs the nutrition."

Riley huffed. "I'm fine, Farkle!" She opened the container and stuck a piece of bacon in her mouth. "See? I'm eating. I was just tired this morning."

Farkle nodded and walked off to find his girlfriend. Zay watched Riley walk away, but when he saw her dump the rest of her breakfast in the trash he took off after her, to her dismay.