She Just Left

They came out of Lucas' world and Lucas looked over at the two best friends, but he only saw one and he frowned. "Where is Maya?"

Riley didn't answer. She just stared down at her hands with a sad look on her face.

"She just left." Zay said.

Lucas looked from Riley to the door. It was cold outside and he wasn't sure if Maya grabbed her coat so he got up and grabbed his off the rack before he walked out.

"Maya?!" Lucas yelled.

He didn't hear an answer so he kept walking further away from the ski lodge until he reached the cliff Farkle slipped and hung off of earlier in the evening.

"Maya? Step away from the cliff." He said carefully.

Maya scoffed, her breath visible in the cold night air. "I'm not jumping, Cowboy. I'm just... thinking, okay?"

Lucas licked his lips. "You're thinking... about what?" He walked up so he was beside her and she looked up at him like she did on the rooftop.

"You." She admitted quietly.

Lucas smiled. "What about me?" He chuckled.

Maya let another breath out and he could see her lips quivering so he took off his coat and wrapped it around the short blonde girl.

"Why choose me? Riley is-"

Lucas cut her off. "Not you. You let me be myself. You tease me to keep me humble. You care even if you don't want to admit it. You call me names and I let you because it makes you smile." He took her face in his hands. "And I love seeing you smile." He leaned down and she closed her eyes. "Open your eyes." He whispered. She opened them. "I love your eyes too. I love when those blue eyes light up and I love that I'm the one who makes them light up. I didn't notice at first, but now I know.. those beautiful eyes light up with me and I love that about you. I'm falling for you, Maya."

Maya let out a shaky breath before she closed the space between them and wrapped her arms around him while their lips danced under the light of the full moon.

He pulled her closer and let his hands rest on her slim waist. She ran her hands through his dirty blond hair.

"Woah! Guess he found her."

They heard Zay's voice and broke apart hoping to only see Zay, but they saw everyone staring at them.

Zay was grinning, Farkle was covering Smackle's eyes, Josh was slightly glaring, Evan looked uncomfortable, and everyone else including Riley was just staring was gaping jaws while Maya wiped her mouth off in embarrassment and Lucas bit his lip waiting for Riley to start yelling or worse.. cry.

"R-Riles.. I-I"

Riley blinked a few times then she started walking away from the scene.