Chapter 19: Babe

A week had passed since Halloween, and the weather had automatically started to become colder. Light jackets and coats were being worn, along with scarves and some hats. The leaves were starting to tumble to the ground constantly, and flowers had long lost their bloom. But, just because the weather was starting to become more depressing, doesn't mean that the people were. I had hung out with the big skatepark group once after Halloween, I went to Kyle's house on one day, and Carly's on another. Ethan and I had some fun raking leaves and throwing them at each other, the library was constantly buzzing with people, and Carly was going on another date with Brian today, Saturday. I've been talking to Brian a bit more than usual, and he seemed like a nice guy. He made Carly really happy, so that made me happy.

Right now I was walking to Andrew's house. He invited me over.

I was walking down Andrew's street, only three houses from his, when I see some people walking my way on the sidewalk. But not just anybody; it was Troy, my ex, and his buddies. Thankfully, they hadn't seen me yet. I had to avoid them. My first idea was to hide behind a random tree, but I knew that wouldn't work out. So the only other choice was to turn around and walk the other way. I quickly spun around on one foot, and started walking from where I came from. Fast. And it worked for the first few moments... Until he recognized me.

"Hey!" he called. I didn't turn around. Maybe they'd think that I was the wrong person and leave me be.

"Izzy?" he tried again. He was much closer now. I turned my head slightly to see how close they were.

"Izzy!" he exclaimed. I stopped in my tracks and sighed. Then I turned around.

"Hi, Troy." I replied, with little enthusiasm.

"Izzy, baby, it's been a while." he smiled, taking a step towards me. I automatically took a step back.

"Don't 'baby' me. Remember? We broke up." I stated. His friends snickered slightly.

"Yeah, and I've missed you ever since, babe."

"Stop calling me that." I snapped. "I'm not your babe anymore." 

"I love you, babe." he said, totally ignoring my statement.

"So that's why you cheated on me?" I asked, crossing my arms as I said it.

"Look, that was a mistake. I really miss you. I want you back, baby." he said with so much passion, I almost believed him. "I'm sorry."

"Yeah, and I'm Cleopatra." Sarcasm dripped from my mouth like venom. "Look, just leave me alone." I took a step back. 

"Come on, don't pretend like you don't miss me. It's not like you've moved on." he stated. 

"How do you know? Maybe I have." I replied simply. 

He laughed. "Who is he then?" he smirked. I opened my mouth to say something, but it was unnecessary. 

"That lucky guy would be me." 

I turned around to find Andrew snaking his arms around me. I played along and wrapped my arms around him as well. 

"Hey, kitten." he cooed into my hair. 

"You're dating that?" Troy asked. I huffed some air from my nose before letting go of Andrew and turning around. I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms. 

"That nerdy kid?" Troy questioned yet again, not seeming to grasp it. 

"He's not a nerdy kid." I stated. I looked over at Andrew. Okay, he may have looked a bit nerdy-er than usual. He wore his white long sleeve bottom up collar shirt with a vest over top. And as always, he sported his nerdy glasses. "And even if he was, it wouldn't matter." 

"Kiss him then." Troy demanded. My mouth fell open, and I didn't know what to say or do. 

"No thanks, I wouldn't want to get you jealous, mate." Andrew said as he patted Troy on the shoulder. He then took my hand and lead me around them, towards his house. 

To say that I was stunned was an understatement. I couldn't believe that Andrew had just said that to Troy. The guy that thought he was 'all that'. I wanted to break down and laugh so badly. But I couldn't; not yet anyways. I couldn't even think of what to say to Andrew; so I didn't say anything. We had a quiet walk to his house, and once I got inside, I bent down and laughed.

"That was genius!" I exclaimed to Andrew. "Did you see his face?" I laughed.

"Yeah." Andrew chuckled. "That was your, uh, ex boyfriend I presume?" he asked shyly. I nodded my head.

"Yeah, that jerk. Can't believe I liked him." I sighed. "But you came in at the perfect time." I smiled. Andrew grinned.

"Just like a knight in shining armour." he smirked. I smiled and rolled my eyes. He led me down to his basement as he told me he was going to teach me to play Halo. Once we got downstairs, he set up the game, as I took a seat on the floor in front of the television. He then handed me an Xbox controller.

"I kind of don't know how to use this..." I mumbled. I've never even held one before. Andrew laughed and quickly said what each button is for. I didn't remember a single thing. He smirked when he saw the clueless look on my face.

"Okay." he started. He sat down behind me. He wrapped his arms around me as he held on to his own controller. His close proximity surprised me, but it quickly left my mind when he started to show exactly what button does what on his controller. I traced my fingers on my own as he explained. Once he finished, I had a pretty good idea at how to play Halo.

I leaned back into his chest as he started the game.

~~~~~~~

"Okay, that's it. I'm done." I breathed out after playing for a few hours. Andrew stopped the game and relaxed.

"That was fun, right?" he smiled. I nodded. Killing digital people was definitely a way to pass the time. "You're pretty good." he said. I turned my body slightly so I was facing him more.

"You're not too bad yourself." I teased. He didn't reply back, so I took the time to look at him, and he looked at me. His soft brown eyes were looking deep into my blue ones. The same emotion was probably written on our faces. We wanted to do what we didn't finish on my doorstop on Halloween.

Andrew's eyes flickered down to my lips. That automatically made me quickly lick them. The temptation to close the gap between us was killing me, so I didn't wait any longer. I closed my eyes and started to lean in.

And then my cell phone rang.

I didn't hide my unamusment as I let out a groan. My hand went into my back pocket, and I answered the phone, since the moment was ruined anyways.

"Hello?" I answered in a dull tone. I hadn't even checked who it was.

"Izzy," It was Carly. She was crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked, standing up sharply.

"It's Brian." she sniffed. After a few trembling breathes, she continued.

"He broke up with me."

------------------------------------

Vote, Comment, Follow :)