Chapter 9: A Witch That Inhaled Helium

September passed by quickly and easily, and soon it was the first week of October. The weather was surprisingly much warmer than previous years, and the leaves hadn't even started to turn into their autumn colours. The hallways were already buzzing with Halloween coming along in less than a month. Parties were being set, costumes were being discussed, and plans were being made.

Carly was going on another date with Brian sometime this week. They were really cute together. They constantly talk to each other, he walks her to class every period, and they sit right next to each other everyday at lunch. And everyday, I would sit right in front of them, rolling my eyes at their cuteness. But today, I have different plans.

After finding Carly and telling her I wouldn't be sitting with her at lunch, I went on my way to find where Kyle, Maxwell and Andrew eat. Walking past the popular table, I saw that they sat a few tables away. Smiling, I walked over to their small table.

"Hey guys! Mind if I sit here today?" I asked them.

"Anytime Izzy." Kyle said. I took the seat next to Maxwell.

"Why aren't you sitting with you're, um, friends?" Andrew asked, glancing over to the popular table.

I laughed. "Barely any of them are actually my friends. I'd rather sit with you guys." I smiled.

"But wouldn't you coming over here kind of attract attention? The popular girl never sits with the nerdy guys." Maxwell wondered.

Before I could say something in reply, I high pitched giggle screeched behind me. I turned my head, knowing exactly who to expect. Nicole.

"Wow. Sitting with the nerds now? Trying to get over Troy?" she smirked.

How dare she bring up my ex?

I was not going to waste my time and energy on her, so I just raised my eye brows in amusement.

"Wow, not smart enough to think of a comeback? And you're hanging out with the losers?" she smirked.

I smiled in response, and just kicked my feet up onto the table.

"You're worthless. The only people that actually accept you are the losers." she continued.

I refused to scoop as low as her and say some useless sentences in return. The quote kept ringing in my head:

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their own level, then beat you with experience.

And so, I just continued to watch her with enjoyment.

"The losers, and of course Carly. That useless piece of junk. She's probably slept with Brian a bunch of times, let alone any other guy in the school."

Now that comment got we boiling. The smile from my face left and my eyes were no longer sparkling with amusement, but instead burning with anger. I stood up from my seat in a flash.

"Have a soft spot for your friends now don't we?" she let out a giggle that sounded more like a witch that inhaled helium.

"Yeah, well most people have soft spots for their friends, but you wouldn't know. Oh, and by the way, Carly and I are not the ones with 67 protons." I smirked.

I heard the boys behind me snicker. I had learned that diss from them. The element Holmium has 67 protons. The symbol for Holmium is Ho.

"What?" Nicole asked. "Was that supposed to be funny?"

"If you're brain was a bit bigger, then you'd get it." I teased.

"Are you saying I'm stupid?" she questioned. I rolled my eyes at her stupid questions.

"Again, if you had a larger brain then you would know that that was exactly what I was implying." I flashed her a big smile. I was definitely winning this.

"Whatever." she said, flinging her hair behind her shoulder. "I just hope you have fun sharing a bed with Andrew tonight." she said over her shoulder as she walked away. That was it. I was ready to run after her and yank and tear at her stupid curls, but someone pulled my arm before I could do any harm.

"Isabella, don't."

I turned around and saw that Andrew was standing right behind me, with his hand around my wrist. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, opening my eyes. He gave me a small smile in return, and pulled his hand away. My wrist felt cold without his touch.

"Sorry for what? Creaming her butt!?" Maxwell exclaimed.

"Yeah, that was stellar, Izzy!" Kyle agreed.

I gave them a small, forced smile and grabbed my things.

"Where you going?" Maxwell asked.

"I, uh, need to talk to Carly. I'll see you guys at math." I said, as I scurried off. I took my phone out of my bag and texted Carly telling her to meet me by my locker ASAP and to finish her lunch with me.

After no more than a minute, Carly and I were both sitting on the floor by my locker, eating our sandwiches. I was the first to speak up.

"Sorry about that thing that happened with Nicole."

"Hey, that wasn't your fault." she comforted. "And it's not like I care what she says; everyone loves me anyways." she said trying to lighten the mood.

I laughed lightly. "She's a total mosquito. She can't let anyone enjoy their day. She always has to come in and smother it."

"So true." she laughed. "She's just jealous of our awesomeness."

"Yeah, yeah." I brushed off. I looked down the hall and saw people starting to walk to their lockers. "We should get going to class." I said, getting up off the floor. I lent a hand to Carly to help her up.

"Thanks. I can't believe she put you and Andrew together." Carly said.

"I know, right? We're just friends."

"Well, then again, that's what they all say in the beginning." Carly winked.

I groaned as I walked down the hallway, face palming myself as I went.

------------------------------

Vote, Comment, Follow :)