Chapter 8: Tell Me Everything

I've been curious all Friday as to how Carly's date went. It was Saturday morning now, and Carly and I agreed to hang out all weekend. Carly refused to answer any of my questions I sent to her, saying that she'll tell me all about it today. So here I was, getting dressed in my room, waiting for Carly to come over. I wanted to know every little detail; this is my best friends first date EVER we're talking about! Carly has been asked out before, but she would decline every time. She was waiting for that perfect someone, and I really hope it was Brian.

After a few minutes of checking my facebook, the doorbell rang. I sprinted down the stairs and flung the door open.

"Come on!" I said, grabbing her arm and dragging her up to my room. "Tell me everything!" I said once we were safely inside.

"Well hello to you too." she joked. I just waved it off with my hand. After that she told me exactly what happened. It took her a while since I would always interrupt with my questions, but in the end, I knew she still felt like she was in a dream.

It went something like this: Brian picked her up sometime in the afternoon to go mini-golfing. Carly being Carly pretended to not know how to play, just to get Brian to wrap his arms around her and teach her. Little did he know that Carly is amazing at mini-golfing, and she ended up winning. After that, he took her out to dinner in a small restaurant in town. It was very cute and they got to talk a lot with each other. Right after dinner, they went to a drive-in movie theatre. They cuddled as they watched 'Grease' and after that, he dropped her off at her house, saying that he would like to do this again sometime. No kiss, no nothing, and that's exactly how Carly wanted it. She didn't want it to go too fast.

I squealed as she finished her recap of the day.

"He's so perfect!" Carly sighed.

"Well I'm glad you enjoyed your day." I laughed. At that moment, my phone started ringing. It was Andrew.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Izzy, guess what just happened!?" he yelled into the phone.

"Something exciting?" I guessed.

"Remember how Maxwell wanted to ask that girl to be his girlfriend. Well he asked her. AND SHE SAID YES!" he exclaimed. I heard Kyle scream 'yahoo!' in the background.

I laughed. "That's fantastic! Tell him I say congrats!"

"Sure thing! Well, we're gonna celebrate by having a Lord of the Rings marathon, so talk to you later!" he said.

"Bye!" I replied. After I hung up, Carly asked what happened.

"Remember Maxwell? Well, he now has a girlfriend." I explained. "Ugh, everyone is having all these lovey dovey things happen to them, and then there's me." I sighed, flopping onto the bed.

"It's okay Iz, you'll find someone." she said, sounding like Dr.Phil.

"You're just love struck." I teased. "Come on, let's watch The Notebook."

------------------------------
Vote, Comment, Follow :)