twelve.

"In life God doesn't give you the people you want instead, he gives you the people you need."
———————————————————————-

June 14, 2021

Harley D.

I tapped my pen lightly against my notebook as I sat in class. I only had two more months until I graduated and I was ready. I stopped listening to my teacher ramble on and on and started to sketch. It was the only thing that cleared my mind at the moment. I couldn't hide the fact that I was depressed. Every little thing bothered me.

My main focus right now was my aunt. She had been beaten up pretty badly by some asshole and was currently resting at my house. I prayed every night for my aunt. Praying for her to get better but it seemed like it wasn't working.

I looked up and noticed that students were leaving the class. I placed my things in my bag and followed them out of the door. I walked down the hallway while rubbing the back of my neck, ignoring the stares from people. This morning I woke up to a text from Harlem and Megan showing me a screenshot from some blog.

Who is this mystery woman hugging on Hassan Forde? It read. I knew there were a few people there taking photos but I never knew it would be a photo of us. I was very discreet about my life. Mainly because of my drug-addicted aunt and absentee father.

My phone rang in the pocket of my sweatpants and I quickly went to retrieve it. Megan's nickname flashed across the screen before I answered the call.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey girl! You're famous now huh?" She laughed.

"No. I wish they'd take the pictures down."

"You know they aren't. They're dying to figure out who you are."

"That's so creepy to me. I hate blog sites." I groaned.

"Shit!" She yelled.

"What's wrong?"

"They uploaded another picture of you. This time I can see your face. Check your phone." She said as I felt my phone vibrate in my hand. I clicked on the iMessage notification before clicking on the image.

 I clicked on the iMessage notification before clicking on the image

"I really can't take this shit right now." I sighed while placing the phone on my ear. I didn't even know that he took a picture of me. The post was cute. But I don't need the attention right now.