THIRTY SIX

A/N : I panicked and procrastinated writing this chapter for so long and ended up playing (watching?) Bandersnatch instead. it's so wild my brain hurts. I'll add info about what I'm doing with this book after this chapter and whatnot at the end, but I mean, here's the last chapter.
-h

"NOTHING IS GOING right!" Ruby exclaims as he paces in front of the sofas where Cesar, Monse, Olivia and I are sitting. "We're down 2 chambelans and a dama and one of Olivia's surprises is ruined. This day is cursed!"

"Ruby relax, everything is fine," Olivia sighs, attempting to reassure Ruby. I just roll my eyes and pick at the nude nail polish on my nails. I know it's her birthday and all, but she's seriously getting on my nerves at this point.

"Wait, how are we down 2 chambelans?" Cesar furrows his eyebrows with confusion as he looks around the room. "Wait where's Oscar?"

"Probably not coming because someone," Ruby glares specifically at me, "Decided to get into a fight with him."

I sneak a glance over at Cesar. "It was for a good reason," I mumble as I lean back into the sofa with my arms folded across my chest. "Can't we just ask Sam to fill in? I'm pretty sure he's outside right now."

"I thought he was with Jamal?" Monse adds slowly, causing me to look over at her with a raised eyebrow. I really hope Jamal didn't rope him into his Rollerworld theory.

"I saw him at the ceremony." Olivia pipes up, grabbing our attention. I fight back the urge to make a snarky remark and force a smile onto my face instead.

But before I have the chance to say anything, the front door swings open, revealing my stupid boyfriend looking incredibly sexy in a suit. Oh my god, how am I supposed to be mad at him now?

"Sorry, I'm late." He mumbles, fiddling with his cufflinks as stares directly at me. No. No way. I am not going to let go of my anger just because he decides to show up looking super hot. That's not a good enough reason. "I don't know how these stupid cufflinks work." He sighs.

Ugh, why is he so attractive? This isn't fair. I hate how good he looks. It's utterly annoying how good he looks. Why are the hot ones always such douchebags?

"Camilla," Ruby says as he grabs me by my arm and forces me to stand up, snapping me out of my dreamy gaze. I look over at my younger brother with a startled look on my face, to which he rolls his eyes. "Go help your boyfriend, and apologize." He mumbles before pushing me towards Oscar.

I stop myself from falling onto Oscar and glare at Ruby over my shoulder, but he's no longer paying attention to me. "You look beautiful," Oscar says in a strained voice as if he's forcing himself to say that.

I scoff loudly as I glance over at him. "You don't have to lie," I say as I roll my eyes and lead the way to my room, so I can talk to him like Ruby wants me to. The worst-case scenario is that we don't resolve our argument and he ends up leaving and I have to withdraw from being a dama. But if that happens, Ruby will literally murder me.

"I'm not," Oscar says as he closes the door behind him. I raise an eyebrow, this boy I swear. "You look sexy as hell and I'm sorry bout the other day, there's nothing I can do bout it. I'm just tryna keep my hands off you so your brother won't have a fit." He smirks, walking towards me until he's way too close for my liking. I'm supposed to be mad at him. I can't be mad if he's close enough for me to smell his amazing cologne and if his lips are like 2 inches away.

I clear my throat and take a step back to put some space between us. "Show me your cufflink." I bite the inside of my cheek as he chuckles and raises his arm so I can fix the cufflink. He's stupid. His laugh is stupid, his cologne is stupid and his sexy ass suit is stupid.