Life as a "Queer" Part 2

Benji knocked on their door, but he didn't wait for any one to answer, so him and Shannon just walked on in their house. Princess, their dog started to bark like nobodies business.

"Where here!" The boy's both yelled.

"Happy Birthday sweetheart!" Aunty Marlene said to Benji and came and gave us each a hug.

"Hi guys!" Jay Lynn said almost yelling at the boy's. "What Y'all doing here?" she asked, she was very excited to see them.

"To hang of course, why else do we come here, hello!" Shannon said.

"Well talk to you guy's later I'm going to go finish watching this drama from Korea." Jay Lynn said and ran up stairs.

"That's one weird kid I have." Aunty Marlene said and went to go love Princess, because she just would not stop barking unless someone went and loved her.

"What you boy's want to do?" Ember was asking them.

"Lets go outside for a smoke first." Shannon meant something other then a smoke. They went to stand on the side of the house where no one could really see what we did. Shannon pulled out the two joints he was saving for Ember.

"Want to smoke some of this?" Shannon asked her.

"Save those for school man! We will have fun on Monday when I come and get my work that I have to pick up." Ember suggested.

"Alright then, only if your sure about that." Shannon said while putting the joints back into his small pocket.

"Yeah man I'm so sure, so who has a smoke on them?" she asked both of them.

"Here we'll share, your trying to quiet remember." Benji said as he was lighting up one already.

"Fine, your right Ben Ben." Ember said and smiled. They made plans while they were out there.

"Kay, now it's getting cold just standing here. Lets go back inside." Shannon complained, they agreed and headed inside back to the living room.

We where there for a few hours playing the Wii and chit chatting the plans for Benji's party on Saturday, and pigging out on the doughnuts we bought. Shannon happened to look at the time. It was almost 9:30 pm.

"We should leave now, I still have to give my gifts to him." Shannon said as he was getting up from their three piece couch, then getting his iPod head phones ready for the walk back to third street on the other side of the tracks. He looked at Benji and shared a private wink. Benji knew exactly what that meant so he also got up and agreed.

"Sorry we can't stay Aunty, but I promised Benji something." Shannon explained.

"That's alright sweetheart there's always another day you can come over." Aunty said.

"OK thanks Aunty. See everyone Saturday!" He said and waved bye, so did Benji. They then walked out.

"Yay I can't wait until you give me my gift!" Benji said excitedly.

"Me either." Shannon said and took Benji's hand walk on home.

On the way home they picked up some drinks and snacks for later. They arrived in about twenty five minutes after leaving Aunty's house. Shannon unlocked the door before anyone could tried to beat them up just for how they dressed and it didn't help that they were two guys living together. This was only because the area they lived in was a ghetto.

They got inside, locked the door and went to the bed room.

Shannon went to the little closet that was in the hallway near the stairway and go his gift that he bought a few weeks ago. He took it to Benji who was waiting on his bed.

"Here is the first gift, you can open now or later." Shannon said and smiled sweetly.

"I'll open this first," he paused to open the small box, what he saw was something that he had hinted at Shannon for a while now, "Oh gosh thanks for these I love it! Your the best friend I could ask for!" It was a pair of tickets to a 'My Chemical Romance' concert.

"It's no problem really; so do you still was this gift?" Shannon kissed him and then he waited for Benji to answer. But he didn't say anything but took off his sweater and nodded timidly.

"You sure?" Shannon asked again.

"Mhm, very!" Benji replied.

Shannon went up to him and kissed him, they both took off their shirts and pants but left on their boxers, then went under the bed's covers.

They both woke up the next morning look at one another smiling a sleepy smile...