"We don't know that for sure," Sam says, looking to me. His tone tells me he doesn't want to argue with me on this again. The whole way here, we debated whether it looks like a demon or a witch case. I've been in this business a long time, I know there's a witch around here.

    "Yes we do," I say.

    "We didn't find any hex bags," Sam argues.

    "Yeah, or EMF, and no sulfur," I say right back. "It's no demon. It's a witch, who's smart enough to pick up after itself after leaving a mess."

    "No, it's—"

    "Please, stop it, you guys, you aren't helping my hangover," Dean says, rubbing his temples. I scowl at him.

    "It's your own fault if you drink that much, Dean," I say. "How many times do I have to say that?" He waves me off.

    "Maybe the guy got whacked by, uh, some mob dude with an ironic sense of humor," Dean says. I roll my eyes. Unlikely.

    "Well, we're gonna scope out the body," Sam says. "If you wanna spend some more alone time with, uh, your waffles... all right. Have fun." Sam stands from the counter, and I follow.

    "Fine, hold up," Dean says before we can leave for the door.

    "Did you pay?" Sam asks.

   "Oops, no," Dean says. "Right." He takes some cash from his wallet and tosses it onto the counter. "I got it."

    "Hi," Behind Dean, the small brunette woman has come up to us, well, Dean. She is grinning at Dean. I raise my eyebrows. Dean looks at her, then looks to Sam and I, then looks back to the girl, wearing a grin of his own.

    "Hi," he replies. "And who are you?"

    The woman frowns, looking angry at what Dean said. She raises a hand and smacks him across the face before walking back to her friends.

    Sam looks questioningly at Dean.

    "Yep," Dean says, nodding. "Epic night."

•••

    Later we wind up in the morgue. An old man lay deceased on the table in front of us, his upper torso uncovered. One of the members of the staff walks in with a box and hands it to Sam, before she leaves again.

    "Great, we'll let you know if we need anything else. Thanks," Dean says, dismissing her.

    "So, cause of death was suffocation," Sam says once the three of us are alone in the room with the deceased, as Sam flips through the autopsy report. "Officially."

    "Okay," Dean says. "We already knew that."

    ""See evidence bag B 1-4". All right," Sam puts the report down and opens the box and looks through the bags. Dean cringes in disgust at seeing the bloody items. I raise an eyebrow at him. Man, he's being weird. Should I throw holy water on him?

    Sam pulls out a bag that contains money covered in blood. As I look over at Dean again, he looks like he might puke. "Huh. Says they pulled all this from his stomach," Sam explains.