CHAPTER 7: God's Tests of Fate

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, go on ahead. I want everyone to know who's been making me so happy," she stares back at you lovingly, leaning on her hands as she lets out an extremely satisfied sigh. "That camera is essentially your greatest love, you take it everywhere with you and take such good care of it, capturing all these moments around you," there's a beat of silence as she continues to admire you. She reaches over for your camera and slowly takes it into her own hands, never losing eye contact with you to make sure it's okay with you.

"I'm sure someday I'll have an even greater love," you hold an intense stare right back into her eyes, delivering every word with great intention of holding onto her for as long as you live. 'You're being so damn cheesy, Y/N. Come on.' There aren't many people that you would trust with any of your cameras, but her knowing how much you care about your equipment is more than enough for you. She's no stranger to cameras, of course, but she had asked you about your collection earlier to learn more; which is something you appreciate greatly. Getting into and using film cameras is a tad different from using digital, so you're thinking of giving her one of your beginner cameras to play with. You hear the shutter of the camera go off and look up at the slightly older girl to see her fiddling with the lever to move onto the next frame, taking another photo of you. You give her a sweet smile and she flashes her pearly whites back at you. 'God, I'm so whipped for you, Park Chaeyoung.'

"Aww, I really have you in the palm of my hand, don't I?"

"I said that out loud?"

"Yeah, you did,"

Burying your face in your hands, letting out a silent sigh, "I guess my subconscious really wanted you to know." Chaeyoung reaches across the table to grab a hold of your right hand and pulling it away from your face, caressing it gently, putting you at ease almost instantly.

"Well, I promise you, I won't do anything to take advantage of the power that I hold in my hands," She lifts your hand up and gives it a kiss. You both continue talking for a while, exchanging eager glances here and there, flirtatious words, and also Chaeyoung scoffing at the fact that she, "Still can't believe you won by 2 points."

Giving out a chesty laugh, you flick your hair over your shoulder and smirk. "Well, believe it. But I must say, that was a good game. You're super attractive when you get really competitive."

"I was about to say the same to you."

"Speaking of which, are you going to finish that kiss you started earlier or are you just going to leave me hanging like this?" You fan yourself of the heat you were feeling before with a hot and bothered face, leaning back in your chair, causing her to let out a stifled laugh.

Smirking at you, Chaeyoung continues eating the food that was placed in front of you both. "Maybe later if you play your cards right," she continues munching down on the chicken and noodles placed on the table, letting out a satisfied hum every now and then. Continuing on with your meals, your phone lets out a ding.

"Is it church stuff?"

"Yep, it's church stuff. I gotta head right over there after we're done eating. I'm sorry to cut our date short."

"No, it's okay. I understand. My dad has become pretty reliant on you so I'm not very surprised."

"Really? I don't know about that." She gives you an adorable giggle along with a knowing look. A look that says 'you're being so humble.'

++

"워! 정말요? 나도 마시고 싶어요! (Whoa! Really? I want some too!)" Jisoo had decided to Facetime with Chaeyoung with some news that seems somewhat exciting, but you're not too sure. From what you gather, it honestly sounds like they're freaking out over banana flavoured milk, but you could be translating it wrong in your head. "정말 바나나맛 우유를 그리워한다... (I really miss that banana flavoured milk...)" You really can't wrap your head around it. By the time this FaceTime call started, you both had left the restaurant already. It's been about... two minutes. Chaeyoung said she'd call back later to be 100% with you now, but you insisted that it's okay. Stepping out of the restaurant, you could immediately feel the gentle breeze caress your bare cheeks, making a rosy smile rest on your face as you've got your fingers intertwined with the lovely girl beside you. You notice that when she gets excited about something, she tends to give your hand a little squeeze. Since Jisoo called from her laptop, Chaeyoung was holding her phone up in landscape mode, filling the screen with your face as well as her own. "Anyways, I'll talk to you later. I'm still on a date with my beautiful girl at the moment."