Twenty-Five

A/N: Super long chapter but I think you guys will love me by the end ;)

Alex's POV

"I really love this park. It's so nice and there are birds and the grass is green and the sky is blue and the trees are tall and the leaves are pretty and I just really love this park but Alex the branches are in the way of the sky fix it!" Becca demanded. I had tuned out her rambling and sighed.

"But darling, if you want to see the sky the sun will be in your eyes." I told her.

"Oh, right. Hey did I ever tell you about the time I went to get my nails done and they messed up the color? Ugh! Those idiots!" I smiled and nodded, adding in a few 'aww's' and 'that's horrible's' as she went. Yes, I had heard the story, three hundred fucking times. But I didn't care; Becca was pretty, and she was a nice girlfriend. I hated not seeing her so often.

"Alex. Alex are you listening to me?"

"Huh? Yeah, of course."

"What color did they paint my nails with then?"

"Cherry blossom pink when you asked for sea coral salmon." I responded. She nodded in satisfaction and I let my gaze wander to the road by the park. A black convertible pulled up and it looked just like the one Audrey got for her birthday. I wasn't surprised when Audrey stepped out, but I didn't know she could drive. She looked over at me and I smiled. She waved back and I focused my attention back on Becca.

"And then they didn't even put a clear coat on! The paint rubbed off after just a few days and get this: my nail chipped!"

"Aww, that's horrible!" I sighed in fake sympathy. I like Becca, but I really don't care about her nails.

"Alex? Alex!" Becca called. She was snapping in front on my face.

"Huh?"

"Why do you keep looking at that girl? Is she prettier than me? Am I not good enough for you!?" She cried. I shook my head and cursed myself for not noticing that I was looking at Audrey again.

"No! No, Becca, I only like you, she's just a friend--"

"Liar!" Becca jumped up and turned towards Audrey, storming away. She was about half way there when I worried what she would do. I got up and ran to catch up to her.

"Becca! Becca stop!" I called after her. She didn't and slapped Audrey across the face when she got to her. "Shit!" I said to myself.

"Becca what the fuck!? Get away from her!" I yanked her arm to get her away from Audrey as Vic stormed over.

"See? You love her more than me!"

"Becca you can't just slap someone like that! What's wrong with you?"

"You can't look at other girls! You can only look at me!" I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Go home, Becca."

"What?" She asked, her eyes welling up with tears.

"I said get out of here! We're through!"

"No Alex! I'm sorry please I love you!" She collapsed on me and held onto my arm. I shooed her away.

"Just go!" I ordered. She stepped away and turned, running to her car in tears. I sighed and turned back to Audrey. I made sure she was okay--which she insisted she was--but I felt bad that she got slapped because I made a mistake. Vic said he wanted to go meet Mike at the skate park and since Audrey didn't, I offered to take her home.

"So...I saw you drove in, that's cool." I said to fill the silence. She nodded.

"Yeah, Dad was teaching me how."