nine.

June 4, 2021

Harley D.

"So, what's your perfect crime?" Keith asked as he sat across from Dwight.

"Keith, don't." I sighed as I tried to concentrate on my work. Everyday Keith would find a different way to bother Dwight. Yesterday, it was a debate about who was faster; Dwight or a snake.

"I am eighty percent faster than snakes." Dwight told him.

Whatever that meant.

I hated that I had to sit next to them. Their conversations were always weird and made you think a little too hard. Then again, sometimes I liked sitting next to them. Only when Keith was playing pranks on Dwight. Like when he hid Dwight's cellphone in the air duct in the ceiling and kept calling it all day.

"Excuse me?" Dwight finally spoke up once he made eye contact with Keith while he continued typing on his computer.

"What's your perfect crime? You know, something you've always wanted to do." Keith grinned before placing his hand underneath his chin. He wanted to show Dwight that he was listening but really, he wasn't.

"What is my perfect crime? I break into Tiffany's at midnight. Do I go for the vault? No, I go for the chandelier. It's priceless. As I'm taking it down, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It's her father's business. She's Tiffany. I say no. We make love all night. In the morning, the cops come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Mexico, but I go to Canada. I don't trust her. Besides, I like the cold. Thirty years later, I get a postcard. I have a son and he's the chief of police. This is where the story gets interesting. I tell Tiffany to meet me in Paris by the Trocadero. She's been waiting for me all these years. She's never taken another lover. I don't care. I don't show up. I go to Berlin. That's where I stashed the chandelier. The end." Dwight said before he went back to doing his work. He had such a vivid imagination.

"How did you escape in one of the officer's uniforms?" Megan asked. Now, she was interested. Great.

"Simple. I killed him. Not with his own gun. No, that would be stupid. I kill him with the weapon I have on me."

"And that is...." Keith trailed off, waiting for an answer.

"A crossbow. Can't be retraced and it's light as a feather. Well, for me. You are weak." Dwight chuckled softly before walking away.

"Man, that dude is weird." Megan laughed as she shook her head. An email popped up on my computer which made me click on it. It was from my boss.

MEETING HAPPENING NOW IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM. WEB DEVELOPMENT AND GRAPHIC DESIGN DEPARTMENT ONLY!!!!!

-NATASHA

I'm guessing everyone got the email because we all jumped up in unison. TechCru was a small company. In total, I had twenty-four coworkers. They were divided into different departments. There was the Information Technology Department, Network Engineering Department, Cybersecurity Department, and the Graphic Design and Web Development Department where Megan, Dwight, Keith and I were.