Chapter 23- Turning tables

I soared through the air and hit one of tiled walls with so much force that I heard it crack. My whole body was aflame in agony but I ignored it. Sliding down the wall, I let my thoughts whirl.

Of course Skyler had the right to be slightly mad at me but the things she said were unforgettable. After all, I was, as a Gryffindor prefect, only trying to prevent deadly circumstances occurring. And to call me a 'Mudblood' was obscene. She knew how much I detested that word- I guess she really wanted to stab the knife in and twist it. Im not going to lie- it hurt. Badly.

As I sat there, I half considered forgetting about potions and heading straight to my four poster bed but I was stronger than that. Always had been, always will be. So with great effort, I forced myself up and headed out of the bathroom, pausing in the doorway to fix my hair, wipe the tears away and straighten my robes; big mistake.

Skyler strutted by with two other, mean, hard faced, Slytherin girls. One of the girls spotted me and nudged Skyler. All three of them turned towards me and burst out laughing before carrying on their way. I stood still, shocked. Never, had Skyler ever done anything like that and I knew for definite we had been in worse situations than this. This was not the Skyler I knew; she had changed for definite.

I altered my course of direction and instead of heading to Potions; I went in the direction of the hospital wing.

Entering its threshold I immediately saw Draco, sitting up in bed, staring straight ahead of him. Madam Pomfrey was in her office. I cleared my throat. Draco's head turned in my direction.

"Aren't you supposed to be in potions? Where's Skyler?"

I laughed; alough I found nothing remotely funny.

Draco furrowed his eyebrows "What happened?"

"That doesn't matter. I need to talk with you. Not her."

Draco sighed but nodded. I walked over, pausing at his bedside before sitting down on a nearby chair.

"You need to know that I didn't mean for that to happen."

Draco cut me off, his voice laced in anger. "I know you didn't Alexis! Yes I know you're a prefect but couldn't you have just stayed out of it?! You always have a habit of getting involved in things that don't have anything to do with you."

I flinched back. Wow- that hurt. I stood up and pushed my chair back roughly. "You know, yes I am I prefect but that wasn't the main reason I interfered. No, it wasn't for Harry or because of loyalty; it was because I didn't want you to get hurt! Not anyone else- you!"

Draco stared at me in confusion. Giving him no time to reply, I turned on my heel only to see a smiling Skyler walking into the hospital wing, holding a bunch of flowers. But Upon seeing me, her nose flared in fury and her yes narrowed.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Today, I was going to truly speak my mind. It was time for the tables to turn.

"You know Skyler, when I first met you, I knew you were different. Yes your the 25th witch in youre family, except your parents, to be puy in Slytherin but you didn't gloat about it like others did. You didn't even ask my blood status till the second year and when you found out that I wasn't pure blood- you didn't care. Or when you got sorted into Slytherin and I was sorted into Gryffindor- it didn't bother you. Straightaway you said we would still be best friends. But the icing on the cake; you always said you did not belong with the snakes. Well, how wrong were you. Oh and when you laughed in my face before, that really did hurt. So I just wanted to say- you have fun with your new best friends because I honestly do not care anymore. You're not the person you were a year ago..."

Skyler did not speak. Instead she looked down at the ground. I turned once more to Draco.

"Oh and tell Snape I'll save him the trouble of taking this from me." I ripped the prefect badge off my robes and flung it across the floor before walking towards the door, pausing one last time in front of Skyler.

"Congratulations on becoming a true Slytherin."

A/N. So, as much as i enjoy writing, i did not enjoy this chapter. I honestly considered re-writing it. But it's all part of the plot- dont worry, everything will be back to normal soon. Hopefully. lol. And em and Ne are besties in real. hehe. Comment and vote please! xo