six.

Where he pays attention to every little thing.

———————————————————————————

"It's been weeks since the last time I saw you." Hassan told Harley while sharing a hug. She inhaled his sandalwood cologne before pulling away. The warm air hit her skin as they stood outside of Waffle House.

"Don't be dramatic. It's been two weeks. Don't tell me, you missed me?" She laughed. Now that she thought about it, two weeks was a long time. But they both had busy schedules.

"I would say I did miss you, but I get to FaceTime you almost every night so I think I'm good." He joked as he held the door open for her.

"Such a gentleman." She giggled. "So, why did you wanna meet here if we're going to the movies this weekend?"

"Wow, I can't spend extra time with you? I guess this is what I get for trying." He joked.

"You can. But I want you to tell me the truth."

"Alright. I have an event this weekend so we can't go to the movies."

"Well, it's fine. I know you're a busy person so I understand." She shrugged.

"You know what, you should come." He said. Of course he wanted her to come. He didn't want to listen to his parents all day asking if Alexis was coming. He actually enjoyed Harley's company. Regardless if it was on the phone or in person.

"To your event, where the press and I'm pretty sure your parents will be? No, I'll pass." She responded quickly. She wasn't ready for the cameras, the large crowds, and most importantly, she wasn't ready to meet his parents. "But why not? You're gonna be with me the entire time so don't worry."

"Are you sure? Because this is your event."

"I'm positive. It's gonna be fine. Trust me."

"I don't trust people who don't wear seat belts in the car." She joked.

"That was one time-"

"Three times. I counted."

"I see." He laughed. "So, you're beautiful, funny and you're smart. Why are you still single?"

"I would say something silly like, I'm not looking for a boyfriend. But, that's not true. I'm just so busy. I have school, a new job and I'm working at my mother's restaurant." she told him.

"Damn. And I thought I was the busy one." He chuckled. "I'm shocked you have any free time."

"Well I just help my mama out when she's understaffed and I get off work from my actual job at four o' clock."

"Welcome to Waffle House. I'm Jessica. What can I get y'all?" The waitress spoke with a dull tone in her voice. The expression on her face was plain. As if she didn't even want to be there.