I'm so so sorry

Frank smiled lightly when he saw you and he stood up from where he sat in front of the door.

You frowned and didn't look at him. "Y/n.." He said softly as you approached your front door. "Go away." You say bluntly.

"Y/n, I'm sorry.." He said sincerely. "Well you were right, Jason just thought of me as another girl he can fuck." You say sadly.

Frank puts his hand on your shoulder and pulls you into a hug. You accept the hug and allow a few tears to escape your eyes.

"You can come inside my house if you want." You say kindly when you let go of the hug. "Okay." He says with a small smile.

You both enter your house to see a surprise. Your father and your art teacher, were making out on the couch. Once your father noticed you were home he stopped.

You couldn't believe it,... it, it looked really intimate. He wouldn't have sex with a different woman, right? You bit your tongue as your father explained. But you couldn't help the tears from stinging your eyes when he said in almost a whisper "I think she's the one."

"Wow, that's greaat. Now if you could excuse me I'm going to room to gag and rip my eyeballs out." Your tone sounded angry but your face looked sad as the salty tears took a familiar path down your cheeks.

You run upstairs and slam your door shut. A few moments later a soft knock came to the door. "Y/n, can you open up the door?" Frank asked sweetly.

"No." You say stubbornly between sniffles. "Fine, I'll just stay out here then." He sits right in front of the door. He sighs and decides to speak. "Y/n? How did your parents split up?" He asked.

"They didn't, my mother died." You said while sitting on the other side of the door.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just assumed that they had split up." He paused for a long moment. "You know, my parents divorced. I was always sick with bronchitis and had ear infections a lot when I was little. My mom always helped me get better , and she was always there at the hospital. So I was always more close to her. We didn't have a lot of money when my parents split up but we got the necessities. I got out of catholic school and into public school when I got into high school, when we moved. We moved because she got a great job here in Kearny...We have our tough times, but we push through every time."

"Wow. I'm sorry to hear all that." You say sympathetically.

"It's okay, but that's not the point. The point is that through hard times you always have to push through it. I bet that the fact that you had to move was very hard on you and your dad. And I'm sure that when you tell him what happened between you and Jason, he'll most likely make threats to beat him up, but he will also be here for you. If he's there for you, you have to be there for him. He may have lost the love of his life but he's tired of grieving and wants to move on. He needs your support  and no offense, but you aren't showing him any support. Family is there for each other, and it has to be mutual for it to be a happy family." Frank said.

You sniffled and wiped away the tears in your eyes. "Okay." You say in almost a whisper. You unlock the door and give Frank a hug. "Thank you so so much." You say, your voice muffled a little because your face in buried in his shoulder. "No problem y/n." He says softly.

You let go and walk downstairs. You see your dad washing the dishes. Your art teacher wasn't there any more. "Where's Ms. Teglasi?" You ask.

"She went home, she didn't feel welcomed by a certain someone. "He said almost coldly. You begin to tear up, realizing you just might of ruined your dad's chance with your art teacher. "Daddy.."

He turns around with his hand on his hip. "What?" He asked. But before you gave an answer you ran up to him and gave him a bear hug.

"I'm so so sorry." You say while crying.

Your dad looks surprised but he hugs back. "It's okay pumpkin. I understand the way you acted." He said.

"No, it was wrong of me and I'm so so sorry."