You're just jealous

You blush lightly at Jason's compliment.

"Thank you." You say to him. "You're welcome." He says back. "Y/n, before you go into your class, I want to ask you something." He says. You give him your full attention. "Yeah, what is it?" You ask softly, nervous to what he's gonna ask you.

"I know we just met and all." Your heart skips a beat. "But would you like to go out some time?" He says practically in one breathe.

You were stunned by the question but also flattered. "I uh, don't know what to say." Jason kind of frowned at that comment.

Should I say yes? I mean, I just met the guy. But he's sooo nice, and sweet and really really cute. Ugh, just say it! Say yes!

"Yes." You said with a shy smile. Jason smiled big and hugged you. Then he let go and re-composed himself. "Great, this Friday?" He asked.

"Yeah, this Friday." You agree. Jason looked at you for a few moments and took your hand and kissed it. You blushed a little. The bell rang, signaling you that you have to go into the classroom.

"I'm just across the hall so I'll meet you back here and walk you to your next class." Jason said as he began to walk away.

"Okay." You say softly as you wave to him. He waves back and he disappears down the hall.

You enter your classroom and was excused for being a little late. The class goes by slow, the teacher does everything that was planned for that day.

Finally, the bell rings and you rush to get out of the classroom and into the hallway. You see Jason standing by your classroom and you smile. You greet each other with a hug and he holds your hand.

You melt again. You can't believe a really cute guy like Jason thinks your pretty and special. This has brightened your whole day.

In fact, it brightens your whole week. You see yourself smiling more and you get butterflies when he calls you on your private phone line in your room.

He holds your hand when you two walk together, and he kisses your cheek when he greets you. You've never had a boyfriend before and you couldn't believe you got one this fast.

You still hung out with the guys, you sit with them in art and in lunch. Frank has grown quiet towards you, and it bothers you more than you thought it would..

On Thursday, while walking down the hallway you heard a sniffle and a silent sob. It was definitely coming from the storage room. You open the door, willing to help the person crying.

It was Frank, he was on his knees crying. His eyes were puffy and red with tears escaping from them. He looked up at you and quickly wiped away his tears. You close the door when you enter and turn on the light in the storage room.

"Hey, what's wrong?" You ask him with a soft and caring tone. You reach for his shoulder but he jerks away. This caught you by surprise. "Frank? What's the matter?" He shakes his head and says something that feels like you just got bit by a venomous snake. "Why would you care?!"

"W-what?" You say softly, your tone filled with the hurt that you felt by that question. Frank just looked at you and shook his head. "You should just go." He said, sniffling a little.

"No, not until you tell me what's wrong." You stood your ground, even if he acts cold towards you, you still want to help. Frank stays quiet, he says nothing, which makes it obvious he doesn't want to talk. So you do something that does much more than talking.

You wrap your arms around him and give him a big hug. Frank stops his crying and rests his head on your shoulder. He lets out a content sigh and his breath against the crook of your neck gives you tiny goosebumps.

God she smells so good. She's so safe, and warm. Dammit, my heart is racing. Can she hear it? Frank thinks to himself. He then decides to speak. "Somebody wrote faggot on my locker. They write it every year, and everyone calls me that. I just can't escape it, this place is hell." He spoke lightly.

But this place, this room is the most heavenly place of this hell. This is where I can talk to you alone. Your hugs feel so safe, as if you were an angel sent from heaven to help me escape this hell. Y/n, ...why can't you be mine? He thinks within his mind again.

"It's okay Frank, it'll get better." You let go of the hug and he frowns a little. You don't notice and carry on what you were saying. "The first day here started horrible, but then I found Jason, and he's made me happy. You just have to find that piece of heaven in hell and you'll be fine." You say kindly, not knowing what you just did.

Frank flinched at your words and unconsciously puts his hand over his heart. He could feel it, the cracks that are now engraved in his heart.

But you're MY piece of heaven!! He doesn't deserve you y/n! He says mentally.

"How can you feel that way about him when you just met him?" Frank asks.

"What do you mean? Haven't you heard of love at first sight?" You answer his question with a different question.

Of course I have! You were my first love at first sight. "Yeah, but still, you know nothing about him." He says back.

"I know plenty about him. His last name is Crawford, his favorite color is green, his favorite animal is zebras. His favor-." Frank cuts you off. "Those sound like things that you'd fill out in a get to know you worksheet."

You become flustered. "So?!"

"So, that means you don't know his history or his personality." Frank retaliates.

"He is sweet and nice to me." You say back.

"Every guy who wants to get into your pants are always sweet and nice to at the beginning." He says bluntly. You recoil, and hiss at the sharp comeback he threw at you.

"Whatever." You say more coldly than you wanted. Frank sighs.

"Listen, y/n. I'm gonna warn you. Jason is a man whore, he charms girls into becoming his girlfriend. Then he sleeps with them and breaks up with them the next day. He is not a good guy." He says to you.

"I don't believe you.." You say back, not willing to give up Jason.

"Oh?" He asks.

"Yeah, I don't believe you." You say it stubbornly.

"And why's that?" He asks, feeling a bit amused to what your answer might be.

"Because you're just jealous"