SOL...YWMA [Ch. 26]

Start from the beginning

“Not one particular spot. I travel so much and so often that there’s no point in buying a house,” I answered her simply with a shrug. It’s true; I don’t have a permanent address, although my parents say I’m still written down at their home.

“You should take a break. You sound like a work-a-holic,” Cory stated in a thoughtful manner. It caused everyone to look at him. Wow Cory, don’t sugarcoat it for me. I could hear the murmurs of casual conversations from the surrounding tables. Hopefully, what they’re talking about isn’t as blunt as this.

“I’m taking a break now, rudeness,” I countered back, looking across the table to him. He had spoken to me without looking my way. He was currently moving the ice in his glass around with his straw and raised a single eyebrow in response to my insult. “Besides, it’s time I take a vacation anyway,” I mumbled to myself.

“If you need a vacation, I’m the guy to go to. I know the most romantic spots we can go,” Phillip suggested, causing me to laugh. Off course when he imagined me on vacation, he includes himself.

“Where exactly would we go, Phillip?” I humored him. I turned in my chair so I could fully face him. I heard Sandy giggle as she watched the scene in front of her. Phillip turned in his chair to face me also. He had an intense, yet humorous look on his face as he thought for a second.

“Well, I’d take you somewhere where you won’t have to be hassled by paparazzi.”

“That’s not very many places, I’m pretty much known around the world,” I admitted to him in the lease conceited way I could muster. Phillip made an agreeable gesture.

“Then I’ll take you to an island. Someplace where you can relax on a beach, toes in the white sand, sipping on your favorite drink,” he described. I heard a low mutter come from Cory, but I didn’t bother investigating on it, I was too interested in Phillip’s little spill.

“That sounds divine,” I agreed, gesturing for him to continue. I always find it entertaining when a guy tells me what he would do for me if we were together. Sometimes it’s almost too sweet to manage, other times it’s too creepy to comprehend.

In Phillip’s case, it’s humorous. I could tell he’s trying not to give off a serious vibe. I could tell that he didn’t want to come off too flirty, which is weird, because when I earlier met him, he sent nothing but flirts my way.

Not that I’m complaining, I’m just curious as to why he’s holding back now. I don’t mind it though, because I don’t see him in any way but a friend.

“It sounds like something out of a chick flick,” Cory cared to comment backhandedly. I waved his statement off and beckoned Phillip to continue. Sandy nudged Cory’s shoulder for him to be quiet as we all continued to listen to this little rant

“And while you’re relaxing on the beach, sipping your favorite drink, I’ll be feeding you your favorite fruits: grapes, pineapples, peaches,” Phillip continued. I nodded because it does sound like a nice vacation. “You’d never have to worry, because I’ll do everything for you. I’ll feed you. I’ll fan you when you get too hot. I’ll put suntan lotion on you. Hell, I’d even go as far as washing your gorgeous body if you asked me to—”