SOL...YWMA [Ch. 13]

Sooner or Later...You'll Want Me Again

Previously: "What are you doing later on today?" he asked me, his voice full of mystery. "Nothing, I guess," I answered. "Me neither. How about you come by my place? We can..."-he trailed off and started playing with the hem of my jacket- "Do nothing together," he finished his statement with a very persuasive and flirtatious smile on his face. "Cory just invited me to his house later today," I tell them."For what? Late night to early morning lovin'?" Andrea joked. "You may have been gone for a few years, but Cory's seductive ways are still the same. And given the way you guys left things off, there's definitely some unresolved urges that may come into play," Quentin stated. Do I really still have the urge to be with him sexually? Does he? Is that the reason he invited me to his house? Does he think we're going to have sex after all these years?

Chapter 13

On the ride to take everyone home, Quentin was suspiciously quiet. In fact, during the rest of our luncheon he was quiet. As of now, he's sitting by the window and looking out of it, deep in thought. Courtney was sitting in the middle, leaving Andrea beside the other window. I was sitting in the front seat, so I had to look over my shoulder to see them.

"What's going on Quentin? Seems like something's on your mind," I asked him. He looked to me, then glanced to Courtney, then shook his head. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Courtney looked to him strangely.

"You have been weirdly quiet," she stated curiously. Quentin sighed, either in frustration or surrender, before speaking.

"Pienso en un regalo de boda para ponerme," Quentin answered in Spanish, very impressively, I might add. What the hell? When did he learn to speak Spanish that well?

The three in the car, who aren't driving, stopped and looked at Quentin in shock. Definitely wasn't expecting him to reply in Spanish.

"When the hell did you learn how to speak Spanish?" Courtney asked him, still in surprise. Quentin shrugged his shoulders.

"My major required me to take a foreign language so...why not Spanish?" he answered nonchalantly with a glance my way. I smiled in understanding and appreciation. It's nice to see him getting into a half of my culture, since I am, indeed, half Latina and half African American.

"What did you just say?" Courtney asked him, referring to the Spanish. In response, he just shrugged his shoulders again. Of course, I'm the only one who knows that Quentin just said he was thinking of a wedding gift to get for our best friend and her fiancé.

Before Courtney could get into his response, Andrea spoke, "What's your major, anyway?"

"Engineering."

"So you want to built stuff, or something like that?"

"Something like that," Quentin responded calmly, before looking out the wedding again. After nodding her head, Andrea returned to, also, looking out her window. Courtney began texting away on her cell phone.

"Quentin," I call to him, causing him to turn to me with his eyebrows raised, gesturing that he was listening. "Usted debe pedir a mi primo ayuda sobre qué hacer," I tell him in Spanish, so the others won't know what we're talking about. I nudged my head inauspiciously at Andrea as I spoke. I spoke slowly but surely, not sure how fluent he is in the language.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion or something else. Does he not know what I just said? I suggested he ask Andrea for help on deciding what to get Courtney and Brent Daniels; mainly because I haven't even decided what I was going to get them, and partially because maybe he spending time with Andrea will clear his mind of his other problems.