Part 37

Unedited.

Zelda Argyros POV

"He was in a coma!" Brandon revealed in a whisper. "For five years." He added.

I clutched the nearby table for dear life, afraid my feet would give out on me after receiving this blow. "W- what is that supposed to mean?" I could feel tears threatening to spill.

"I don't know what exactly happened that night, but when I found him he was badly bruised and bleeding heavily. I would have thought he's dead if not for the faint pulse I sensed." He sighed before continuing. "The doctors said that he was hit on his head badly, that he was barely saved. Not even 24 hours later he slipped into a coma, and never woke up until 4 years ago." Brandon explained, the guilt and sadness that was eating on my heart for whole 9 years returned ten fold after I managed to pacify it a bit just recently.

Jason was in the other side of the room looking anywhere but me increasing the painful pang in my heart, how could I ever allow myself to be happy in a life I know was built on another's.

With trembling sweating hands I gripped the chair tighter than before, before asking. "Why didn't you tell me?" My tone was accusing.

"I knew or rather anticipated your reaction, I mean let's face it, you've spent almost 10 years grieving him. You'd be devastated when you get to know about his condition!" Brandon dumbly explained.

Anger clouded my vision, I wasn't thinking straight. My emotions were the ones dictating my movements when I grabbed the closest thing to me and sent it flying towards him, the vase collided with his head before he could react, filling the room with its shattering noise giving my aching heart a sense of relief when I saw his blood.

Gasps echoed around me, but I was long gone to register anything. "BECAUSE OF YOU I WASN'T THERE FOR HIM WHEN HE NEEDED ME THE MOST, BECAUSE OF YOU I WAS TOO BUSY BEING HAPPY WITH MY FAMILY WHEN HE WAS SUFFERING FOR PROTECTING ME, BECAUSE OF YOU I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO FORGIVE MYSELF. AND FOR THAT I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU! YOU, NOT ONLY DEPRIVED ME OF MY BROTHER BUT ALSO SNATCHED MY LAST HOPE OF REDEMPTION AWAY. ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!" I yelled, rage consuming every last bit of sanity I have. "You were never a brother to me, and today marks the day you lose a sister!" I said walking away from them, when I reached the door I saw Tyrone looking at me worriedly with a pained expression.

He was about to help me when I raised my hand stopping him. "I want to be alone." I barely whispered, he looked at me unsure. "Please." He sighed nodding, "just promise me to be careful?" He said. I nodded, leaving him behind.

I headed to my car before speeding to the gates and out of the premises.

Multiple car horns were heard and people yelling but everything seemed blur, only the pain, the excruciating pain that was surging into my veins.

I wasn't there for him.

Only that thought kept replaying in my head like a broken record.

He was in pain because of defending me, and I was too busy moving on with my life like nothing ever happened. Like he never existed. I am such a hypocrite!

Why would I blame Mason when my own brother stabbed me in the back.

Every time one of these unpleasant thoughts invade my mind, I would increase my speed. I bet I broke every traffic law out there, but I could care less since this was the only thing that could ease some of the agony I'm going through.

I was too busy in my thoughts that I didn't realise I passed a red light, and when I realised that it was too late. A huge red truck was coming my way at full speed, and another van was coming from my other side.

I was trapped!

When I realised that there's nothing I could do, I put my hands on my prominent baby bump and a tear slipped through my eye.

'Momma's sorry, baby.' I mumbled, then closed my eyes.

Tyrone Argyros POV

I stormed in the room when Zelda walked away from me, I left her be because I thought she was going to our room to rest.

She's still weak and needed as much rest as she could get to fully recover.

"HOW FUCKING COULD YOU?" I shouted at a bleeding Brandon.

He looked down in shame, it's became a habit of his nowadays.

"I didn't mean to hurt her, on the contrary I was trying to spare her the pain!" He reasoned.

"You're her brother! You should have know that on the contrary if you told her he was alive and breathing she would be in less pain." I spat. "She's never had a peaceful sleep ever since I knew her, and when she started recovering, slowly taking baby steps to move on with her life you drop this on her!"

He was about to answer when I heard an engine roaring to life, my head snapped to the direction of the sound.

I sprung out of the office to the door of the mansion.

No, no, no! She shouldn't be driving in this state of mind!

My heart was hammering violently against my ribcage, when I reached the door her car was already out of the gates. I looked behind, glaring at Brandon and Jason before bellowing, "LEE, CLAUS, LUCA!"

Not even a blink later they were standing before me, waiting for their orders. "Find her before anything happens, and fire the gate guards!" I barked orders at them, they bowed slightly before walking away.

I turned towards the two men, specially Brandon, "if I lose my wife or child because of your stupidity, I'll make sure the wild animals have a nice fresh meal." I seethed a promise I was intending on keeping.

"I'm sorry, boss." He apologised.

"No, I am sorry for ever thinking I could trust you with my family and secrets!" I said passing him.

30 minutes later, Lee barged in my office panting with wide eyes. "Mr. Argyros, Zelda-" he was cut off by my phone ringing, I fished it out of my trousers' pocket to silence it when I saw it was Zelda's caller ID. I picked it up quickly.

"Honey, where are you? You scared the hell ou-"

"I'm sorry, sir, but this phone's owner was involved in a car crash and is in the hospital." Informed a female voice.

I dropped on my knees, my phone slipping through my hands. Unbearable pain conquering my whole being.

A/N

Hey, lovelies! How are you all? There's a new update for you. Anyone feeling their pain? I sure do, I cried writing this one.

Hope you enjoy it!

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Until next time, happy reading, my lovelies!

Mi-M-Ab.