A Good Kind of Theft

Monday rolled around, and surprising as it might seem, I was actually awake. Which, since it was the first day of the week, was a blessing. Typically, it would be a miracle for me to even get out of bed, but today I didn't even have to stop at the coffee place. I felt great... Until I walked into the teachers lounge and saw Shota. I don't think he noticed me, though. I was really nervous at what might happen. Would it be awkward? Would it be nice? Would it be, well, nothing? I turned around and left as soon as I had entered, deciding that I'd just spend the morning in my office. 

I had just gotten settled in my chair, and the tardy bell had just rung, when the front doors bust open and the green haired boy, Midoriya, came sprinting into the school and into my office. "Sorry I'm late!"

I quickly scribbled out a note. "You know, you should really try getting to school on time..." 

"I just- I got into some trouble this morning and couldn't make it." 

"What kind of trouble?" 

"I'm sorry but I really don't have time-" 

"Of course, sorry," I quickly said and gave him the note, not even trying to yell at him when he sprinted out of the office and through the halls.

It was lunchtime already, and I decided on getting some of the cafeteria food because I was too lazy to actually leave the school today. So I pulled some random change out of my purse and made my way to the cafeteria. Once I got my food, I decided that I'd go spend some time with Shota. I made my way down to his room, and frowned when I saw that he was already grading papers. "Seriously, how often do you assign things?" I asked him, and since he hadn't noticed me, he flinched a bit. 

"It's school. I assign things all the time." 

I set my tray down on one of the desks and walked over to his, grabbing the entire stack of ungraded papers. "I've got hours of free time, I'll grade for you." 

"You can't grade all of them, (Y/N)..." 

I shook my head quickly, and tried to reassure him that I could, and I would, no matter what he said. I set the papers next to my tray, and then sat down at the student's desk. "Anyways, have you gotten anything to eat today?" I asked Shota. "No." I glared at him with a frown, before tossing him a small bag of chips I'd gotten. "You don't have to give me your food..." I just rolled my eyes and told him to 'shut up and accept my food.' 

Nothing else really happened besides that, and as I walked back to my office after lunch hour had ended, I was a bit disappointed. He hadn't even brought up what had happened the last time I saw him, and I couldn't figure out if that was a good thing or not. I set the papers that I stole from him down on my desk, and started grading. 

About an hour later, Nemuri came into my office. "Heyyyy," She started with a mischievous grin, "I noticed you and Shota were hanging out during lunch, and I also noticed something in his classroom...." 

I glanced up at her and raised my eyebrows. "...Should I be worried? What did you find?" 

She chuckled. "Are you... Missing anything?" 

I looked around on my desk, and in my drawers, and realized that my keys were gone. "He's gonna ask you to go to his house again!" Said Nemuri, and I furrowed my eyebrows. "If he wanted me to go to his place, then why doesn't he just ask me?" 

"Oh you know... Shota's really shy sometimes..." 

"Shy? Really?" 

"Who's shy?" Asked a certain black haired teacher as he walked into the office. Before I could respond to him, Nemuri replied with, "You! You're the one who's shy!" Shota responded by raising an eyebrow. "What? Just because I'm quiet doesn't mean I'm shy---" 

"Well then, please explain to (Y/N) why you keep stealing her keys." Nemuri said, before starting to cackle. Shota looked bewildered, and I could have sworn his cheeks started heating up. "What- Why would I take her keys?!" 

"Because you love her~ You wanna take her home~" 

Shota's expression was the most animated one I've ever seen, and he fumbled with his words as he tried to deny the fact he stole my keys. I had to cover my mouth to suppress a chuckle. After a minute or so of this, he just frowned. "Okay fine. You're right. (Y/N), here." He said, pulling my keys out of his pocket and setting them on my desk. After that he started to leave, but I stopped him. "Shota- See you at your place after school-" 

A/N: Hey you guys, I know I haven't updated this in a long time, and I'm sorry for the shorter chapter, I really just wanted to get something out there. Hope you enjoyed none-the-less. 

Also- I'm working on a Bakugo x Reader, so if you're interested in this boy, be on the lookout for that. Bye!