6 ~ potion partners

Start from the beginning

Draco added the next ingredient. You were being a bitch.. maybe you had to thank him.. He was right.

'Thank you.' You said.

He looked at you.

'Don't mention it.' He said. I'm serious. Don't mention it even again.'

You grinned and handed him the next ingredient.

-

You walked out of the potions classroom. You never expected to get somewhat along with Draco. Of course that wasn't going to last very long. It never did.

Hermione was waiting for you outside of the classroom.

'How bad was it? Did you get assigned a new partner too?' Hermione asked.

'Yup.. Draco Malfoy.' You said.

'Really? That's awful.'

'It's fine. I just try not to talk too much.'

It was fine. You were surprised by his attitude today. You could really work together.

'Have you heard from Harry?' You asked.

Hermione shook her head. You asked him about teaching you. He said he'd think about it. Now you were hoping that he would just say yes.

'He's still doubting.'

'He's still doubting.. I'm sure he'll say yes eventually.' You sighed.

Right when Hermione wanted to say something a large crowd passed you.

'What's going on?' Hermione asked.

'Don't know.'

You two followed the crowd. Everyone was heading to the main courtyard. You saw Harry infront of you.

'Cho, w-what's going on?' He asked.

You followed Cho and Harry. Something had to be going on.

'It's professor Trelawney.' Cho just said.

Everyone had gathered around the courtyard. Professor Trelawney stood there, crying with her packed cases. Umbridge in front of her. Did she get fired? Was she sending her away? Poor professor..

'Sixteen years I have lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home.' Trelawney cried. 'You can't do this.'

'Actually I can.' Umbridge spoke while holding up a piece of parchment. 

McGonagall squeezed through the crowd and hurried over to Trelawney. She comforted her and Trelawney cried on her shoulder. You couldn't believe this. Trelawney belonged here.

'Is there something you'd like to say dear?' Umbridge asked McGonagall.'

'Oh, there are several things I would like to say.'

Then the doors opened and Dumbledore stepped out. Everyone looked at him. Was he going to help her? Hopefully he was.

'Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?' He asked.

You smiled. He was helping her. Umbridge was going too far.

'Sybil, dear. This way.' McGonagall smiled.

Trelawney grabbed Dumbledores hand and thanked him. They walked inside. 

'Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Degree Number 23, as enacted by the minister-'

'You have the right to dismiss my teachers.' Dumbledore finished her sentence. 'You do not , however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the Headmaster.'

'For now.' Umbridge spoke.

Dumbledore turned around and started walking away. No one had really seen him much this year. Harry had desperately been trying to talk to him.

'Don't you all have studying to do?' He asked.

'Professor!' Harry yelled and he hurried after him.

You hurried after Harry. He pushed through the crowd and stopped when he saw that Dumbledore was gone.

'Harry-'

'Every time! I just want to talk to him.' Harry sighed.

'Let it go. He might talk to you later.'

'Why not now?! He clearly heard me!'

'Hey, I had a question about the potions report.'

You turned around and saw Draco.

'What's up?' You asked.

Harry looked at you two.

'What?' Draco sneered at him.

'Since when are you guys friendly to each other?'

'We're not.' Draco said right away. 'Snape assigned us as partners. Do you think I'd voluntarily work together with her?'

You sighed and rolled your eyes.

'Anyways, what parts did you want to write again?'

'We could make it together. We have a free period tomorrow.'

Draco wasn't sure about that idea. He hated that he kinda liked working together with you.

'Do we have to?' He asked with a sigh.

'It's a more efficient way, we don't have to.'

'Fine.' Draco sighed. 'I'll be there. Don't be late. This report sucks.'

You grinned and he walked away.

'You grinned about something he said?' Harry asked while raising his brows.

'I grinned because he's acting like a baby. It's not what you think. Why would I even think he's nice? It's Malfoy.'

'You have a point there.' Harry grinned.