Chapter 3

Eagle's POV

I remove the blindfold from Caia's eyes. It takes her a moment to realize where we are.

  "I can't believe you would do that!" She exclaims fully surprised at where I took her.  

"Do you like it?" I ask her, worried she doesn't.

"Do I like it? I love it!" She says, joy lighting up her face. "You brought me to the beach at night. I can't believe you remembered that I loved the beach and being under the stars."

"Glad you like it." I say honestly, a slight blush creeping onto my face. Luckily it's dark out and she can't see it. I walk towards the blankets I set up earlier and she follows me. I sit down and pat the blankets beside me inviting her to do the same. She obliges and I open the picnic basket. I take out all of it's contents and spread them out on the blankets. She looks at all the food completely surprised. I smile seeing that it worked so well.

"Why would you do any of this? I thought you hated me?" She says frowning.

"Why can't I surprise you without needing a reason?"

"Well because you've been torturing me physically, mentally and emotionally for the past few days and now you've prepared a picnic by the beach for me knowing very well how much I love it there. So how come?"

"I wanted us to get to know each other again. To be completely honest, I'm not doing all these things to you cause I want to. I'm doing them cause I don't have a choice to." She looked taken aback by my honesty and surprised by what I'd said.

"You always have a choice. You had one back when we were 11 and you still have one today. Who is forcing you into this?"

"I wish it were simpler to do the right thing cause if I do, I'll be betraying my own father. I've been volunteering to take care of my father's plans to protect you. He really hates you for some reason. Do you have any idea why?"

"It would help me if I knew what your father's name is."

"His name is John Hopkins. He threw a celebratory party in the honor of your death when you faked it on live TV."

"Your dad is John Hopkins! That explains a lot. There is a huge bloody feud between our families. Your great grandfather killed mine and as revenge my grandfather killed yours. As your father can't find my father or mother and I'm next in the line, that makes me the target."

"Your family killed my dad's father so that's why he wants to kill you?"

"Yeah." She says with a disgusted face. "I hate the feud. It's horrible."

"How about the feud ends at our generation. We make peace and don't let the older generations dictate the fact that we have to hate and kill each other."

"Yes! But what are we going to do about your dad? He still wants to kill me and will stop at nothing and without my powers I can't defend myself as well. At some point I'd also like to get back to my friends. I hope they are still ok at the hideout."

"They are. I checked on them whole you were alone at the orphanage. Although Jade was quite worried and has sent out notes to both Ari and Ace."

"Oh no. I wiped Ace's memory but it's possible for him to get it back if he manages to remember and the note she sent might do the trick. I specifically wiped his memory to keep him out of danger and Ari does know how to fight as she does karate but that isn't enough if someone with a gun shows up. It also means that Ari is probably involved with the cops now."

"She is but she isn't helping them. She is helping Jade. Ari is playing the messenger between Canada and the hideout. Jade is trying to get Ari to find out as much as she can about me to hopefully track me down."