Chapter 6: Golden luck

Emily's POV

I was sitting there, talking with one of Alex's friends who had been trying to get me to give him my phone number so hard that I almost felt sorry for him. 'Get rid of judgemental thoughts, be nice!' I argued with my inner self.

I could tell he's a very good person, but too talkative for me, it seems. And I know you'll think I'm too picky, but I'm not. Really now, i'm not snobbing him at all. This was not sarcastic.

"Em! Emily! Here!" I heard a familiar voice and turned my head, I don't think Johnny (Alex's friend) minded though, 'cause he kept talking.

"Lauren? What happened?" I looked around for Alex, but I couldn't see him anywhere.

"We have to leave!" she anxiously said.

"Why? What happened?" His attempt went terribly, I'm already deducing.

"Nothing. I just had enough fun for today..." she kept nodding and I shook my head in disbelief.

"Hm, is that Alex over there?" I looked behind her back to see Alex trying to pass through the dancing crowd and waving his hand at me. I gave Lauren a questioning look.

"Please Em, let's pay for the drinks and leave. I'll explain later." she begged me and I hesitantly paid Beth for our drinks.

"Johnny, thanks for the company, but I gotta leave now..."

"And then she told me I talked too much and that's when I decided that our relationship must come to an end..."

I gave him a "Really now?" look and took my things.

With quick steps we exited the club and looked for Lauren's car.

"Lauren! Lauren! Wait! I didn't mean to..." Alex's voice turned into muffles as Lauren stepped on the gas. I look outside the car window apologetically, hopeful that he would see me.

...

"Will you tell me what happened now?" I asked, totally exasperated.

"We danced, he asked me on a date, I said yes and he tried to kiss me, but I avoided him..." she said and let out a nervous breath.

"WHAT? So soon? And you just left him without saying a word?"

"Um, yeah...I got anxious okay?! I noticed that I do when I'm around him..."

"Hm, so you do admit that you like him, finally?"

"Yeah I do. I admit it. C'mon, yell at me...I deserve it." she looked quite melancholic so I obviously didn't want to make that worse.

"Don't be silly! In fact, his attempt to kiss you means he likes you a lot, doesn't it?"

"Well, I hope so...You really have had an effect on the way i think, you know. I'm pretty much dwelling on things lately...just like you." she laughed and I looked at her faking an irritated glare.

"You should feel honored sweetheart..."

...

Author's POV

It was almost 2 am, Emily and Lauren both went to sleep.
The next morning, Emily was woken up by the sound of her phone's ringtone. She sleepily answered Lauren's call.

"What is wrong with you Lauren?! It's still eight in the morning!" she complained.

"Girl, haven't you seen your father's calls?! He's called you more than 10 times...The Hudstons' house has been robbed. It all happened yesterday, almost 3 and a half hours after we left the club. The police needs you!"