Chapter 3: Brave enough

Emily's POV

"And she was like: "Honey he's mine. Don't even dare try to talk to him. If you do, I'll make your life a living hell." And I looked at her with that amazingly super sassy face of mine and replied: "Darling, you've already done that, since you're honoring me with your annoying presence..." "
Lauren explained the whole story of her fight against Amanda Anderson, an acquaintance of hers from high school.

Lauren's told me about them being enemies, 'cause Amanda was always the top bitchy queen of cheerleaders. You know, the popular and spoiled brat everyone pretended to love, but in fact, despised to the moon and back.

I laughed at the way she was changing her voice to match with Amanda's. Seriously, I've met her once, recently and she hasn't changed a bit. The same adorable Amanda everyone gladly remembers.

"Gosh, that girl will never get any better..." I commented.

"Yeah, she's such a drama queen. He didn't even look at her..." she replied and drank from her beer.

"Well, was he looking at you?" I "suspiciously" asked her, slowly taking the beer from her hands.

"Um, maybe, I mean I didn't even care. He was the one buying me a drink, so I suppose he liked what he saw..." she said pointing at herself, from top to the bottom.

"You're such a show-off sometimes...actually, all the times" I said giggling.
"Did you like him or not?!" I finally exclaimed, making her lowering her head, thinking about it.

"I don't know, he seemed interesting, but not enough for me...Guys which randomly offer you drinks are making an excuse 'cause they don't know how to approach you. So I'd say, avoid them...Well, unless they're hot!" she said and I burst into laughter.

She took the beer in her hands again, caressing the green glass with her fingerprint.

"And I suppose, he wasn't." I said, looking forward to her answer.

"Nope." She said and took a sip once again.

She looked at me and took a breath. I hugged her.

"Don't worry Lauren. You know they don't deserve you, you just gotta wait for the right one to come..." I said sympathetically.

"I know that, I'm just disappointed because he's not easy to find. But you know I always get over it, they're a bunch of idiots after all..." she said and we nodded to each other.

"So you mean that after the drink he just left?"

"No, I mean that another bitch passed him and he decided to go to her instead. Anyway,...let's not waste our time talking about him, tell me about you" she excitedly asked me.

"Well, em, admittedly...ehh,..."

"Nothing." she said and I nodded.

"I don't really think about that Lauren, you know me. I'm so filled with work that i'm losing interest in "love". I just don't want to for now, I guess..." I said taking a sip of my beer.

"You guess? Em, when was your last relationship?"

"Oh c'mon you know I don't remember..."

"Exactly. I think you need to work on that too. Not right away. I know you love your work but it'd be nice to have someone as more than a friendly company...you know what i mean." she said and oh my gosh, winked at me.

"You're right, but I don't know if I can find someone who will bare with me..." I said awkwardly laughing.

"Oh shut up! You're the smartest person I know, you don't need to try hard. Just, follow your instinct and let it flow..." she advised.