𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 RACHEL

Start from the beginning

"I like your shirt." Maeve looks down to her shirt that had a print of winnie-the-pooh eating a jar of honey on it. Maeve smiled a genuine smile towards Rachel. "I don't." Garfield mumbled to himself – because some of her stomach showed and if she raised her arms her whole stomach was in view, but her high waisted pants covered most of it.

"I like your necklace. It's really pretty." Maeve said gesturing to the necklace that was around her neck, Maeve decides the girl is nice and seems okay. Maeve's eyes flicker up seeing a good-looking adult, walking towards them a stern look on his face. "Who's that?" She questioned nodding her head in his direction. Rachel turns around facing the adult. "Hey. Come on. Where going." He stated sternly, Maeve presumed he was a brother, he looked too young to be her father, but who was she to judge.

"What are you doing here?" Rachel asked her tone harsh, a stunning coloured woman appeared behind the man, her bright pink vibrant hair everywhere. "Now is not the time, okay?" He answered. "Why are you here?!" She repeated louder. "Can we talk about this somewhere else? Let's go." The man walks away first, then tall lady with pink hair followed soon after, Rachel looks back at us sending us a sad smile as she walked away. Soon out of their sights Maeve looked to Garfield as his face held sadness. "She's too young for you, Gar." Maeve said, emphasising Gar. "Why would you assume I like her like that?!" He snapped causing Maeve to look at him wide eyed. "I-I don't know." She mumbled avoiding his gaze. She pretended to be big and strong, but in reality she was a big softie. "I'm sorry Mae." He said squeezing her arm in comfort.

A loud sound emerged from outside, sounding like car alarms, the two looked to each other in confusion, walking to the entrance of scooters watching as the group of three began running to a car and driving off. "Something isn't right." Maeve mumbled watching the car drive away.

⛧彡

Maeve was in Garfield's room; on the green spinning office chair he owns. Her legs pulled up to her chest as she played video games. Waiting for him to return from his adventure – he likes to take the long way home, she doesn't; she hasn't been home for long. Hearing the voices of the other players through the yellow head set she had on, she scoffs. "Come on, dude! I told you to cover my 6 and now you're dead. That's on you." She said as her teammate died. "You're not the leader." A boy snapped; she rolled her eyes. "Well, Andrew. You suck at it sooo."

The hearing of the gun shots and thriller music blocked out the world, even when Garfield and Rachel came in once, he gave her the grape drink and after they talked a little about family. She nods her head to the blonde whose hair was now down and out of the braids. "She lives here to?" Rachel asked. The green haired boy followed her line of sight seeing Maeve playing their game.

He gasps, loudly. Walking to her, he rips off the headphones. "You said you would wait for me." He whines, she looked up at him with innocence in her eyes. "Love you?" She replied smiling sweetly, her eyes flickered to the purple haired girl behind him. "Rachel?" She questioned, frowning her eyebrows before it clicked. 

She looked up at Garfield wide eyed, her mouth agape as he smiled awkwardly, standing herself up. Reaching her full height which was the same height as Garfield. "Chief is gonna be so mad." She said looking in his eyes while her were wide like Saucepans. "Gar, Mae!" Cliff yells. "Uh-oh." The two say at the same time, looking up at the door. "Scratch that.... Cliff is going to be so mad." Garfield responded to that by shushing her.

"Who was that?" Rachel asked. "The complicated answer." Garfield replies. "Gar, Mae. You down there?" He yelled; his heavy steps being heard coming closer. "She needs to hide." Maeve grabbed the girl's arm. "Hide from what?" She asked as Maeve opened up the sliding door to Garfield's closet. "Just hide, please." Garfield pleaded, pushing her in. Once the door was closed the two looked around for something to do. Garfield threw Mae her yellow head set which she slid on her head, both jumped on their chairs; her's was yellow and his was green. They began playing a random game, since she paused the game she was playing before.