第十一章 : Balls

Chapter titles are hard to come up with...

The sound of clattering table ware could be heard throughout the dining room as the occupants continued to eat their meal

The sound of clattering table ware could be heard throughout the dining room as the occupants continued to eat their meal. It seemed like a normal family dinner. Well sort of. A girl with white hair sat at the head of the table. To her right was a woman with grey hair while a man with slicked back jet-black hair and stubble sat across from the woman. Next to a man was a black spiky-haired male.  The jet-black haired man picked up his glass of wine. Little did he know, a single drop had spilled and landed on the pristine black marble table.

"Cygnus, dish duty." The white-haired girl said as her scarlet eyes looked up to stare at the man. The man looked down and saw the drop of wine. He let out a groan.

"X-ray vision..." The man sighed as he wiped the drop. The spiky-haired man sweat-dropped as he watched the scene before him while taking a bite of crouton. Just why was dirtying the table so horrible? It was only a drop of wine.

"If you were more aware of your surroundings, you wouldn't be on dish duty at least twice a week" The girl said as she sipped her water. Cygnus sighed once again before he resumed his meal. 

"Tadaomi, dish duty with Cygnus" The girl said. Karasuma blinked in shock as he noticed the crumbs he had made. 

"Ahah! I won't be alone tonight!" Cygnus laughed.

"Speaking of which, I have something for you. It's from the school. Since you've been absent for the past few days, you're probably not aware of the ball tournament" Karasuma said as he reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a folded up piece of paper. The white-haired girl took it from him and read it.

"A ball tournament?" The girl said with a raised eyebrow. Karasuma nodded.

"But why does this paper not have Shion-sama's class on it?" Shele asked as she looked at the slip of paper. 

"Apparently Class E is not allowed to enter the main tournament. Having an odd number of teams is the perfect excuse. Class E is going to participate in an exhibition at the end." Karasuma explained. He was repeating what he had heard from the students earlier in the day.

"So the boys go against the school's baseball club while the girls go against the basketball club.." Cygnus mused.

"I dont see the appeal of a game of balls" Shion said in confusion. Cygnus choked. 

"Can you not phrase it like that?!" Shion looked at the man in confusion.

"What do you mean? Is it not a game of balls?" Cygnus shook his head. "Nevermind."

"I haven't worn that mask in a while since I've been absent. I should probably check if there are any bugs. I don't want my eyes glitching out in the middle of class." Shion realized.

"You're going back to school already, boss?" Cygnus asked.

"Shion-sama has healed enough to return" Shele answered for the girl.