第十八章 : Finals II

Reiko covered her mouth with one hand as she yawned

Reiko covered her mouth with one hand as she yawned. Another all-nighter...I suppose I'll sleep in Irina's class to make up for it. Her guitar case swung behind her as usual. She blinked the exhaustion out of her eyes as the gates of her home closed behind her. Her amber eyes landed on a certain redhead who was leaning on the post next to her house's gates. The usual playful smirk present on his face. 

"Kiwi-chan~" Karma said, holding a box of strawberry milk in one of his hands.

"Akabane" She nodded curtly in greeting as usual. She began walking down the street towards the school with Karma walking next to her. The two in sync. "Hey, where did you go yesterday?" Karma asked, wanting to see if she would tell him that she had gone to talk to Asano.

"I went to-" Reiko stopped talking when her eyes landed on a certain orange-haired boy standing on the curb. He seemed to be waiting for someone. 

"Shu-kun" Asano's violet eyes looked up from the ground and met hers. Karma's eyes widened at the name she had called Asano. 

Flashback

"I wonder if Reiko's ever liked anyone before" Sugino asked out of curiosity while sitting with the others outside. His words caused Kayano, Karma, and Nagisa to look up from their food.

 "Huh? That's so random" Nagisa said. 

"Though...I don't think she's ever mentioned anything about it before" The blue-haired boy continued, searching through his memories only to come up with nothing. 

"I don't know it's just that she's so blunt and cold sometimes. I was just curious on if she's ever even had a crush before. She doesn't seem like the type to dabble in romance" Sugino responded, leaning his head against the tree the group sat under.

"I doubt it-" Karma was interrupted by Kayano who clapped her hands together.

"Well, actually, Rei-chan has liked someone before." Sugino spit out the rice he had been chewing.

"WHAT?!" He said in shock while Karma and Nagisa also looked at the girl in surprise. Kayano nodded her head. "WHO?!" Kayano shrugged.

"She told me that she had a childhood friend named 'Shu-kun'" 

"S—Reiko" Asano said in greeting, reaching into his bag to pull out a pill bottle and holding it out for the green-haired girl to take. Reiko raised an eyebrow in confusion. So Asano is Shu-kun...how come she calls him Shu-kun but refers to me as Akabane still. I'm the only one in class that she calls by their surname even though she doesn't spend as much time with everyone else compared to me and maybe Nagisa

"What is this?" She asked, taking the bottle from him. Karma snapped out of his thoughts.

"Ne~ Asano-chan, are you tryna drug her?" Karma snickered, resuming his teasing mood, while looping an arm around Reiko's shoulders. Asano stared at the arm that Karma had around Reiko's shoulder with his violet eyes. The orange-haired boy felt a surge of irritation at the redhead. Why isn't she doing anything about the fact that Akabane has his arm around her?!