第二 章 : Second Blade

The large metal gates swung open, allowing Reiko to walk through them

The large metal gates swung open, allowing Reiko to walk through them. Her amber eyes noticing Karma, leaning against a wooden pole, waiting for her like he usually did in the mornings. The side of his lip quirked up in a smile.

"Morning, Kiwi-chan~" He said.

"Morning" Reiko responded before the two began walking to school. It'd become a custom for the two to walk to school together though there were times that Reiko did find the boy annoying. She'd slowly begun to tolerate his presence. Besides, no matter how hard she tried, the redhead still followed her like a lost puppy dog. On the bright side, according to Nagisa, ever since she had arrived, Karma's attendance had drastically improved.

"Y'know, we're gonna have our midterms soon" Karma said. 

"Midterms?" Reiko asked. Tadaomi never told me that there would be midterms. 

"Ne~ Kiwi-chan~ Let's make a bet. Whoever gets the high score on the midterms gets to order the loser around for an entire day." Karma said as devil horns appeared on his head (Figurative).

"Why not?" Reiko said after a bit of thought. "Speaking of which, why is it that you always call me 'Kiwi-chan'?"

"Cause ya hair reminds me of a kiwis." Karma said before he ruffled Reiko's hair. Reiko blinked at the action. 

"In that case, am I supposed to call you 'Strawberry-kun'?" 

"Why? Cause my hair is so red?" Reiko nodded her head. Karma shrugged before ruffling her hair more. 

Most of the students were fanning themselves with their notebooks and folders when Karma and Reiko walked into the room

"How are you two not sweating?" Okano said in shock. The two teenagers were in fact, looking completely fine. Not a single drop of sweat.

"Are you guys even human?" Mimura said as he continued to fan himself with his folder.

"I feel like I'm being burned alive over here"

"Personal Air-Conditioning. Kiwi-chan made it" Karma said gesturing to the small ball floating between the two.

"Lucky" The class chorused.