Part 5

When Nezu saw the incriminating footage, it made his heart sink. For all of his genius he had never really accepted the possibility that it was a student, and yet here was all the proof he needed. With a knot in his stomach, Nezu pushed back his seat and prepared to deliver the bad news.

Crash! Something hurtled through the thin ceiling panels right over Nezu, and the tiny being dodged out of the way just in time to avoid being crushed. Kaminari towered over him, raising a foot to try and kick in Nezu's skull.

"Don't do this! You can still fix it!" Nezu shouted, trying to buy time. He had to find a way to subdue Kaminari, hopefully without killing him. What his student had done was horrible, but Nezu still hoped to find out why.

"Please, just talk to me!" But there was murder in Denki's eyes, and he chased Nezu until the smaller creature was cornered in the back of the office. Despite his expression, tears ran down Kaminari's face. "You don't understand. You've seen too much. I failed, I'm in enough trouble now without you exposing me!"

Nezu put up his little hands in a calming gesture. "It's all right Kaminari, it's all right. Right now you have a choice; you can still turn this all around. Nobody has died yet by your hands, and nobody has to."

Kaminari looked at him, and for a moment Nezu thought he would stand down. But then the teen shook his head and held up one hand, lightning dancing between his fingertips. "If I use my quirk right, it'll look like a heart attack. Then I can erase the footage. Then nobody will ever know."

Nezu struggled wildly as Kaminari lifted him into the air by his shirt. "Scream and I'll kill as many people as I can in here. Stay quiet, and your death will be the only one on my hands." It seemed like there was going to be no escape, and Nezu's heart beat faster and faster as the moment of his death approached-