Part 2

Aizawa shifted in his uncomfortable hospital seat, clutching a cup of coffee that Midnight had forced on him. He had managed to text Mic what had happened (the voice hero had taken the day off for a conference and had no idea), so hopefully his husband would be able to leave his radio station early and bring some food.

Dozing in the seat beside Aizawa was Nezu, who always got sleepy in the afternoon unless he got a high-caffeine tea. Three different people had already told the eraser hero that his 'dog' wasn't allowed in the waiting room, and Aizawa was tired of explaining the situation. Before falling asleep, Nezu had explained a cover story to Midnight and Aizawa: to keep All Might's hospitalization under wraps, they would use a false name when discussing him around anyone besides the doctors and a select few nurses.

Nezu and Midnight had ridden with the ex-hero to the hospital, and he had seemed to improve, but the EMTs had been worried about his heart rate and what reason he could have for his sudden seizure. All Might had been taken into the Intensive Care Unit, but that was almost two hours ago now.

Finally, just as Aizawa thought he could stand the wait no longer, a doctor approached. "Family of... Yagi Mori?" That was the false name decided upon so Aizawa nodded. Midnight woke up principle Nezu and the three followed the doctor into a private room.

"Hello, I am Doctor Klein." Klein had light blond hair and warm brown eyes, speaking with the calm, comforting aura of a medical professional wanting to help. "I'm afraid that my news is not very good for your friend, but I wish to assure you that he is in stable condition right now."

The doctor had a stack of medical records in a folder, and Aizawa could see his fellow teacher's name at the top of one of the papers. Klein adjusted his glasses and pulled out some of the sheets, revealing them to be x-rays and blood tests. "Mr. Toshinori had a second seizure after being admitted to the ICU, and his oxygen levels got so low that I decided to intubate him. He is sedated and I have given him some medication to stop the seizures for now."

Klein frowned and tapped the toxicology report laid out before him, swiveling it around so that the teachers could see. "I found some sort of venom in his bloodstream, and since it's an unknown substance I'm giving him several medications to try and flush it out before it does any more damage- thankfully there's nothing permanent so far. I apologize for this rather stark report, but Mr. Toshinori's body is simply too weak to handle something like this for long."

"What are you saying then?" Midnight asked. Doctor Klein shook his head and gathered his papers. "I mean that if I can't find an antidote or flush it out of his system within the next forty-eight hours, I can predict that the patient will fall into a coma and die."