Chapter Nine: The Prophetigress

Start from the beginning

Carlyle arrived at the Garden but he did not see the princess anywhere. It was a beautiful and very large garden that flourished within the castle walls.

"Princess are you here?" Carlyle called out but he received no response. He could see the large roses were in bloom, the trees were all healthy and the birds were singing happily. There was a large pond with a fancy stone bridge. He walked to the pond where fish were swimming in clear water.

"Yum, these royal fish look very tasty!" Carlyle said to himself as he licked his lips.

He heard a giggle and looked slightly to the left where the reflection of a young woman stood.

Carlyle looked up but she was gone.

"Princess? Where did you go?" He called to her hoping she would make this easy for him, but he knew she had a penchant for playing games.

"I need to tell you something Princess," Carlyle yelled but all he heard in response was playful laughter. Candillice hid behind a tree and out of sight. She smiled at Carlyle's attempts to find her. When he would come close she would laugh and run.

All Carlyle could see was a white blur when Candillice ran to a new hiding spot. "I am here on official business!" He yelled but he could not see where she went. "But if you wish to play games then very well," Carlyle shouted playfully. She appeared again for Carlyle to see next to the wall at the base of the tallest tower.

"Would you care to climb this tower with me, Carlyle?" Candillice asked him and then proceeded to climb up it. Carlyle watched as she climbed the tower with great speed. But to him it looked like something that would require too much energy. He looked around and saw some tall grass in the shade under a tree.

"I can take a nap here and wait for the Princess to come down," Carlyle said to himself. He walked over to the shade under the tree and rolled around in the tall grass with a circular motion to make a bed before resting upon it. Candillice climbed the stone tower. Each brick was large enough for her claws to get a hold of easily and she had done this many times. There were also some thick strong vines running along the tower that aided her climb and it did not take long for Candillice to reach the top of the tower.

"Would you just look at that beautiful sunset, Carlyle!" She yelled but he was not behind her as she had hoped. She scanned the horizon of the country where she could see many villages behind the wall and the land beyond. She turned her gaze towards the Blue Star which was flickering erratically.

"That is odd!" Candillice said to herself. At the top of the tower she had a large comfortable pillow that she had brought up there on another occasion. She laid down on the pillow and watched the Blue Star high above in the sky. As she was about to fall asleep something unusual began to happen. The light of the Blue Star became much larger and filled her view.

It was as though its warmth covered her and it was all she could see, this would normally have frightened her but she felt at total peace. Candillice thought that she was falling asleep and slipping into a dream world. But this was like no dream she had experienced before as she was very much aware of the fact that she was dreaming and could control her actions within the dream world. After her dream Candillice woke up and could see she was still laying on her pillow staring at the light of the Blue Star.

"What kind of dream was that?" Candillice exclaimed.

"I've gotta find Carlyle!" She jumped off her pillow and made her way down the tower to a point where she could jump down. Carlyle was curled up into a ball in the long grass, he awoke to a thud noise and lifted his head slightly to notice that Candillice had landed next to him.