I was strong because of him, because he never gave up on me. No matter how far I'd fall he'd always be there struggling to pick me back up, supporting me and offering me strength. Shigure had saved me time and time again when all I'd wanted to do was give in.

"Because of you." I whispered as I slipped my hand in his, "Let's go."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we arrived I spotted a fifteen year old boy with vibrant white tipped hair with dark roots. He was outside leaning against the gate of the banquet hall. Though it was custom for everyone to dress their best for the banquet he looked like a delinquent in casual grey jeans, a pair of black boots, an oversized light military style jacket in deep green and chunky black leather wristlets. His dark eyes rose as Shigure and I made our way toward the banquet hall.

"Welcome back Shigure-san." His voice was monotone.

"Thanks for coming out here to meet me." Shigure smiled.

"Haru, you need a proper jacket or you're going to catch a cold." I sighed as I caught up to Shigure's long strides.

Haru's eyes widened. "Luna-sama?!"

"Eh? Why does she get a –sama and I only get a –san?" Shigure pouted.

"Everyone holds a deeper respect for Luna than they ever could for you." Hatori's voice sounded from behind us.

"Eh?! Hari, you're so mean." Shigure whined.

I turned to find Hatori dressed in a nice suit watching me with worry filled dark olive green eyes. "Luna, it's been awhile since you've attended the New Year's festivities."

Haru finally recovered from his shock and hugged me from behind. "Luna-sama, you're really talking again."

I smiled softly and reached up to pat him on the head, "Sorry for worrying you, Haru."

I entered the banquet hall and felt a strange sense of empowerment as the room fell to a hush and everyone turned to stare at me in awe. Akito was at the head of the largest table as always and I felt a sense of satisfaction as his eyes grew so wide I was sure they were going to pop.

"Luna?!" Akito leapt to his feet, causing his chair to slide back with a loud scraping sound. The room fell silent.

Strength and determination spurned me forward. I felt empowered, bold, brazen, completely unstoppable as I felt the gazes of all those I wanted to protect. Fire burned within me, a molten rage broiling inside trying to erupt. Shigure, Hatori and Aya attempted to catch me before I could make my way to Akito, but I dodged them swiftly.

As I stalked toward him, an unnatural feral orange glow encased my body illuminating me as I approached him. His dark eyes grew wide and he faltered backward. A small smirk twisted onto my lips as the monster inside of me relished at his fear, he was showing me weakness. There was a collective gasp in the room as I reached Akito's side. The glow vanished leaving my hands in their misshapen clawed form. I could feel a fluffy wolf's tail poking out of my yukata and my ears had shifted into that of a fluffy white wolf's ears. Akito looked mortified.

I offered him my clawed hand with a twisted smile, "Happy New Year, Akito." My eyes flashed, daring him to do something. The monster within me had awoken and was itching to put him in his place. It was time he learned, the guardian wolf was taking her rightful place in the family. He held no power over me anymore.

"Y-you really are a monster." He hissed.

Hatori, Shigure and Aya flinched at his words afraid of the effects they'd have on me. I couldn't help but smirk victoriously at this, "You're right. It takes a monster to stand up to a monster." I challenged him.

His eyes looked ready to bulge out of his head, "You're not even supposed to be here." He was panicking.

"It is you who is not supposed to be here, imposter." I hissed. "Know this, you hold no power over me any longer. I will watch over my family and I will protect them from any threat to their happiness, even if that threat is you, so tread carefully, false-god." With that said I turned on my heel, swatting him in the face with my long snow-white hair.

Shigure, Hatori and Aya were staring at me in awe as I held my head high and walked out of the banquet hall. I heard the pitter patter of little feet behind me and turned in time to catch Kisa as she dove into my arms with a cry.

"Auntie Luna!" She sniffled cutely as she clung to me.

With my heightened sense of hearing thanks to my half-transformation, I could hear Akito throwing his plate and goblet before storming out the back entrance retreating to his chamber in a rage. I held Kisa close. "I'm sorry I wasn't here when you needed me, little one."

"You're here now, that's all that matters." She grinned as I ruffled her hair.

Video- "Under Your Spell" By The Birthday Massacre