Chapter Six

~Shigure's POV~

Flashback/Dream

Luna was recovering in solitude, she locked herself in her room she wouldn't let Hatori or Aya or even myself in her room, we had no way of knowing how her wounds were healing or if they were healing at all or getting worse. She wouldn't speak, she wouldn't see anyone, it was as if she'd erased herself from the world.

"We need to cheer her up." Ayame said suddenly. He jumped to his feet and raced up the stairs to stand before Luna's door.

Hatori and I followed after him curiously to find him attempting to break down her door.

"What are you doing?" Hatori pondered.

"LUNA COME OUT OR WE'RE COMING IN!" Aya cried dramatically.

She didn't answer; there was no movement from within the room.

"That's it, I warned you." Ayame sighed and kicked the door down.

I winced, why did my house have to pay the price? The room was completely encased in darkness. I flipped on the light switch and nothing happened. I stepped into the room and heard the crunch of glass beneath my house slippers and I felt my heart plummet as I heard something squish, was it blood? I reached the curtains in a matter of seconds and threw them back. The room flooded with light and I gasped as I surveyed the scene before me. The mirrors had been shattered into miniscule pieces as well as the light bulbs and there was a great deal of blood in the center of the room, but Luna was nowhere in sight. There were bloody paw prints leading up to the window, she'd escaped.

Just how much pain was she in? How much was she hurting? From the looks of her room I'd say she was in agony both physically and emotionally, this was a cry for help. "We have to find her." I turned and bolted down the stairs, out the door and into the woods in seconds with Ayame and Hatori at my heels. We split up and called her name as we searched the forest around the house. How far could she have gotten, she was injured after all.

I heard a yelp to my left and darted through the underbrush to get to the clearing in time to see a majestic snow white wolf with feral orange red orbs that looked like the glowing embers of a campfire tumble to the ground and take the shape of a broken young woman. She was covered in blood, dirt and gore and her snow white mane was a matted mess. Even though she was falling to pieces, she looked as stunning as ever.

"Luna!" I darted forward as she collapsed to the ground with a cry. "HATORI!!!" I screamed as I swung the unconscious girl into my arms, why did she change back when she was at her limit, everyone else took their animal forms when they were too weak, this made no sense. She should have stayed in her wolf form. "Don't you dare die on me." I growled at the girl in my arms as Ayame and Hatori burst into the clearing.

We got her safely into the house and into the bath, we cleaned her up and Hatori tended to her wounds and we placed her on a futon in the lounge and sat around her in silence, her injuries from Akito hadn't healed yet and she now had new injuries, deep gashes in her arms, torn knuckles and bruises all over. The three of us fell asleep around her.

~End~

I woke with a start and immediately began searching for Luna, that memory haunted me, she was just so helpless back then. Where was she? I tore from my bedroom and searched the entire house, Kyo, Yuki, Tohru and Kagura were all gone by now and Luna was missing.

"Luna!" I called in a panic as I nearly kicked her door down. Her room was empty, the bed made, and the window thrown open.

My heart raced in my chest, was she okay? Did something happen? I bolted downstairs and threw back the front door and froze as I spotted her hanging laundry to dry. She was wearing a brilliant yellow sundress and her snow white hair flapped about her in the nice cool breeze. The sun caressed her pallid skin and I found myself completely mesmerized by her beauty. Her ember eyes turned to me and a dazzling smile lit up her face.