Chapter Eleven

~Luna's POV~

Tohru had been busy slaving away making a ton of rice balls for some school event. The entire house smelled of steamed rice and the mixture of her variety of ingredients to stuff them with. I inched into the kitchen one morning as she was packing away all the rice balls to take to school.

"Luna!" Tohru beamed.

I'd been avoiding everyone after the singing incident.

"I had no idea you were so talented." She smiled sweetly.

I tensed for a moment, she didn't know it hurt; I couldn't blame her for her ignorance. I forced myself to smile in return, "Thank you, Tohru."

"You and Shigure should stop by the school for our cultural festival." She exclaimed happily, "Oh, if you don't have other plans." She amended.

I could just envision that lecher and all his glee at getting to visit a high school. Best not to tell him about the invitation.

"That sounds like a marvelous idea, Tohru!" Shigure appeared in the kitchen doorway. That creep was eavesdropping. I threw Shigure a reproachful look which he tactfully ignored. "We'd love to visit your school." His dark eyes twinkled and I could faintly hear him humming along to his usual sickening 'high school girls' chant.

"Don't you have some sort of restraining order or restriction against schools?" I mused.

"Oh, Luna, you're so cruel." Shigure whimpered pathetically as he threw his arms around my waist.

Tohru watched the pair of us curiously for a moment before smiling to herself and packing up the rest of her rice balls, "So maybe I'll see you two later?" She asked politely.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world." Shigure grinned waving her off.

I turned to face him once Tohru had safely retreated from the kitchen, "You're despicable, you know that."

"You have nothing to worry about." He smirked.

What?

"I only have eyes for you." He gave me a quick peck on the cheek. "But that doesn't mean I can't window shop." He chuckled and skipped out of the kitchen singing his ridiculous 'high school girls' chant.

=== later that day===

"Luna, are you ready?" Shigure called out from the porch as I lay in the garden beneath the sun's warm rays.

He was serious about going? I felt my stomach twist into nervous knots. But there would be a lot of people there. They'd all stare at me.

"Luna?" Shigure appeared beside me his shadow falling over me, blocking me from the brilliant rays of sunlight. "What's wrong? You look a bit pale."

"I don't think I want to go." I said quietly.

"But Tohru will be sad if we don't." He whined.

I didn't want Tohru to be upset. Why couldn't she have invited us to something less crowded, like a public reading of the encyclopedia?

"We can't stay long, make up an excuse." I sighed.

"Luna's social anxiety is acting up so we'll have to make this quick." Shigure teased.

"Shut up!" I glowered.

"Come on, our ride is here." Shigure beamed.

"Ride?"

"LUNA!" A soft boyish voice squealed from around the other side of the house.

"Was that Momi-EEK?"

"LUNA!" I was tackled back to the ground before I had a chance to get completely to my feet by a small child-like boy with princely pale blonde hair and sparkling almond eyes.

"Momiji!" I squeaked as the small boy hugged me tightly.

"Luna, I've missed you!" He pouted.

"I've missed you too." I gasped as I struggled to get out of his iron tight hold. "Momiji can you let go, you're sort of killing me?"

"Ah! Sorry!" Momiji beamed happily as he released me and continued sitting atop my stomach nonchalantly.

"Momiji, please behave yourself." Hatori sighed as he rounded the corner.

"You're going too?" I asked Hatori somewhat suspiciously.

"Akito had intended on going-." Hatori began.

"Not unless he wants his life shortened." I snarled.

"However, he's sick so I made him stay home." Hatori sighed.

I glared over at Shigure wondering what all he knew about this situation and what all he was withholding from me. "You knew Akito wanted to go?"

"He's interested in Tohru." Shigure shrugged.

"No!" I snapped.

"I want to meet Tohru." Momiji piped in cheerfully. "I need to thank her."

"Thank her, for what?" I asked curiously.

"She got you to talk again." Momiji grinned, "You haven't talked in so long, Luna." He hugged me tighter.

I sighed reluctantly and allowed myself to be steered to Hatori's awaiting car. Shigure claimed the front seat leaving me in the back with the koala clinging Momiji. This was going to be a complete and utter disaster. Just what orders did Akito give Hatori? Why would he take time out of his busy schedule to show up to a silly High School cultural festival?

Apparently my Pandora is really into LIGHTS today.... Video- "Everybody Breaks A Glass" By LIGHTS