Chapter One

A/N: Images used is just found from google searches (unless otherwise stated as fan art given to me).. I don't art well

A/N: Bear with me guys... the first chapter is a bit all over the place...in my defense I wrote this many  years ago haha

Some Background Information: (In Shigure's POV)

Luna Sohma was born into the Sohma family when Hatori, Ayame and I were only five years old; Akito was three at the time and already despised the infant for all the attention she received. Luna Sohma was born with snow white hair and feral orange red eyes, and everything about her was unique in every way, and Akito hated her. Luna drew everyone in, like moths to a flame, she grew into a shy timid beautiful girl, a free spirit who was always cheerful and could brighten even the darkest of days. She loved tagging along with Hatori, Aya and I, we were her favorite play things. And at such a young age she had captured all of our hearts.

When Luna was thirteen and began blossoming into a beautiful young teenager, Akito's hatred spiked, and none of us knew it. We were all graduating from high school and beginning to move on in our lives, and Akito had begun tormenting the girl, it started with name calling, anything to bring her down, he tried to make her hate herself, he called her ugly, told her she was a freak, and told her that her voice was disgraceful. None of us knew anything was bothering her; she kept a smile on her face and went about her days with us like nothing happened. If one of us noticed a bruise or a cut she'd brush it off with a smile. Hatori was off to medical school, Aya was starting his own shop and I had moved out of the Sohma house and begun my writing career, we'd all abandoned her, we didn't know the magnitude of Akito's abuse, and for five years, Luna suffered. When she was 18 and graduating from high school herself, her parents died in a tragic accident; that was the end of her.

Hatori showed up on my doorstep a few weeks later with Luna, half dead in his arms, she had a massive puncture wound in her shoulder as if someone had stabbed her completely through, Hatori himself looked a little worse for wear with an eye patch and looking somber as ever. It was supposed to be a happy day; Hatori and Kana had gone to Akito to ask to be married. Hatori explained that Akito snapped and had struck him and had planned to strike him again, but Luna dove into the brawl. He nearly killed her in his rage. Kana's memory had to be erased shortly after she blamed herself for the damage done to Hatori and Luna and it was eating her up inside. Luna stopped speaking; she hid herself in her room during her recovery and turned into a recluse.

Akito had finally broken her down; he'd convinced her she was a freak, that she was monstrous and that everything about her was repulsive. She never left the house, and tended to keep herself locked away in her room. The poor sweet innocent girl, who had captured the hearts of so many, was now damaged beyond repair, or so I had thought.

 The poor sweet innocent girl, who had captured the hearts of so many, was now damaged beyond repair, or so I had thought

  (present: Shigure, Aya, Hatori Age 25, Luna Age 20 Kyo, Yuki, Tohru Age 16)  

-Begin-