seven.

A/N: I start my internship and my last semeseter of my undergraduate degree in the next two weeks, that means that updates will really slow down. Thanks for understanding and enjoy! 

seven 

evelyn. 

I sat between the two brothers, angled a little closer towards Alexander, much to my relief. There was something completely unnerving about Anthony, even though he hadn't done anything necessarily bad.

Today we were served one of my favorite things ever: pasta. Specifically, a super fancy variation of spaghetti that I couldn't really pronounce. It had spicy sausage in it and a green vegetable garnish. Plus they were going to serve us dessert - cheesecake!

"She's a funny little thing, isn't she?" Anthony asked when I spun the thick, rich noodles around my fork and popped it into my mouth.

I frowned at him as I chewed, then over to Alexander, who was nodding with a warm smile at me. "My wolf and I are quite taken with her."

"Has the girl met your wolf?"

Alexander nodded again. "Of course, the night I went to retrieve her from the sacrifice. Evelyn was so scared at first, she hid around the tree. But then she made the first attack."

Anthony gasped, turning to look at me with wide, amused eyes. "Did you?"

"Yes, sir."

"It wasn't very successful though, was it, little wolf?" Alexander teased.

With reddening cheeks, I nodded. "I fell right off of him. Into the mud. It had rained earlier in the day so the ground was super wet and muddy."

"By the time I got her into the palace, her fur was matted with drying mud and leaves. It was a sad sight," Alexander agreed. "Not to mention how frightened you were."

Anthony leaned onto his elbows onto the table, grinning wickedly at me. "I bet you were just quaking, weren't you? Sweet little thing."

"She was brave. Braver than most. When I first surprised her, she tried to get at me several times. That is when I decided that I was not only going to keep her, but train her as well," Alexander noted, smiling at me proudly. "She's a natural athlete, despite her size."

"I'm really not," I argued around a mouthful of garlic bread.

Anthony suddenly reached out, catching a lock of my hair that was falling towards my face and setting it back into place behind my ear, his knuckles lingering on my cheek a moment too long. Before I could even respond to the gesture, Alexander lashed out.

Alexander slammed his palm down onto the table and growled darkly. "Do not touch her like that," he demanded, using his other hand to drag my chair closer to him.

As much as I wanted to say something, I knew it would be better if I kept my mouth shut and let him feel in control. Anthony just leaned back leisurely, gazing at me with relaxed gaze. "She is mine until I finish courting," Alexander reminded him.

Anthony quirked his head. "Tell me, dear Brother, why it is that you may court multiple women at a time but sweet Evelyn is otherwise locked in her room?"

My eyes lifted up to Alexander as he placed a hand on my thigh beneath the table. "I care more for Evelyn than the other girls. You may Court them all you want. At this time, Evelyn is my top choice and I'd appreciate it if you would respect that relationship."