Chapter Six

FIREWORKS

After the rest of the group got to Maya's, they all decided to head to the backyard with smoke bombs and water balloons

"Richie! Put the water balloon down!" Maya called, throwing her hands up. "Don't throw it at me!" 

"Say it, babe." He joked, stepping closer, hearing the laughter of the rest of the loser's in the background.

"No! You're delusional!" Maya cried out, as she ran behind Bill for protection. 

"Fine, it's your loss." He smirked and launched it at her as Bill side-stepped quickly. 

"Traitor!" She gasped out after getting hit in the chest with a water balloon. "Ugh. Now I'm all wet!"

"That's not the only reason you're wet." Richie retorted, winking. 

"I'm gonna get you, Tozier!" She huffed, taking the water balloon Eddie had in his hands. 

"Me too!" Beverly shouted, picking up a water balloon from the bucket near her. 

"Oh, shit." He muttered as he quickly tried to back away from the two girls advancing towards him with water balloons. 

"Oh shit, indeed, my friend" Maya nodded, as she threw the balloon up and caught it.

"Come on, ladies, ladies, let's talk about this! Maybe a threesom-" Stan watched in amusement as Richie was soaked with water. Eddie laughed lightly as the boy groaned in annoyance. 

"Ha!" Beverly said. hi-fiving Maya.

"Gotcha!" Maya teased, putting both hands on her hips.

"T-that's what you get" Bill said walking over with a hot dog in his hands. 

"Well, I'll get her back!" Richie said, wiping his face off. 

"You guys should eat before the fireworks start." David said, placing a bottle of ketchup on the picnic table. The group of friends nodded quickly before rushing to the table. 

Maya sat in the middle with Richie and Beverly on either side of her, Eddie was across from her and Bill and Stan sat on either side of him. Ben and Josh had fold out chairs pulled up to the end of the table. 

Maya was about to take a bite of her hot dog, but Richie quickly grabbed her hand and took a bite of it.

"Gotcha." Richie winked, Maya scoffed and continued to eat her food.

"Whatever, loser." Maya nudged him, and stole some of his chips in retaliation.

"You guys are cute." Ben commented looking at the two with a smile, "I should've known when you said you didn't like Bill."

"Oh, we're not together." Maya quickly explained, rolling her eyes.

"Y-You're not?" Bill asked, looking towards the scoffing girl.

"No! Seriously, why does everyone think that?" Maya groaned.

"Because he never leaves our house, Maya." Josh said, looking at her. "he never leaves."