Uniting Death

66.

I am sitting in the living room area of my guest room in God of Life's Church while sipping on tea. In front of me is the God of Life himself, possessing Lofty Quartz, my boyfriend's body.

It's been a month. It seems like he has finished his business in this Realm and is going to return to Gods' Realm soon, after a chat with me.

"How was it?" God of Life smiles, "Was it exciting?"

If it's the dreams I saw, a dream which spans for more than half a year that I dreamed in this past month, then I have to say, "I hope you really are taking care of Lofty properly,"

I do not ask for revenge or justice. I am just worried for Lofty who has gone through so much. Full possession is a heavy burden for him to bear, for a whole month, even!

Just...a brief moment of possession in the past already made him unconscious and exhausted for a week, at most. Now...

"No need to worry," God of Life looks really relaxed as he closes his eyes and leans back on the sofa, "I will not exhaust Lofty Quartz. This possession happens on mutual consent, after all,"

I eye God of Life with wariness. I can't help it! He is a God of Life...who does not shy away from works that can dirty his hands, I guess.

I had been staying in my room because I was reeling from the dreams of Lofty's life. I do not know how things have changed outside. To be honest, I am a little scared to know.

God of Life releases a chuckle, because he knows what I am thinking. Still smiling, God of Life asks me how I like this life.

I blink owlishly at him. Excuse me?

"I am the one who allowed you to live here, after all," God of Life says lightly, "In this Realm, if you haven't figured it out,"

I can only stare at God of Life, uncomprehendingly.

"Goddess of Spirit listened to God of Death's complaints about the troubles He got Himself into after choosing and picking the wrong mortals to give His Blessing to. Thus, Goddess of Soul proposed to have someone with better eyesight than God of Death to choose the mortal for Him. God of Death reluctantly agreed, because He didn't want to be more in the wrong by admitting He has bad eyesight. Then Goddess of Spirit went around asking for opinions or volunteers. I was involved because Somebody thought of inviting a Soul from outside of our Realms to be God of Death's Envoy. God of Death liked the idea very much, you understand. He nagged Me until I gave up and relented, allowing you to be born in this...world, so to say. Of course, We didn't just abduct you. You agreed to come, plus God of Death specifically went to choose you Himself, with Goddess of Spirit and that Somebody to make sure God of Death's bad eyesight didn't hinder this unexpected chance. We have the permission from your God at that time to take you too, in case you are wondering,"

Such...detailed explanation? "Who is that Somebody?"

God of Life remains smiling, "That Somebody wishes to remain anonymous,"

It sounds like I had met the Gods and Goddess before. I have no recollection of it though.

"Naturally. It's already bad enough that you remembered something relevant to this world, which...you shouldn't have remembered," God of Life's eyes narrow slightly at this, as He stares at me. I become nervous, thinking that maybe I should apologise? But God of Life smiles, "It's fine though, because you haven't done anything too damaging. It's also a great experience for Us to understand no more doing this, ever again. No matter Who whines,"

I know I look like God of Life has lost me somewhere. Should I thank Him for letting me live here or something? Oh, yeah. I dip my head in gratitude to God of Life, "Thank you, for... Umm..." it is slightly hard to believe, but it seems like that really happened. I had died, however briefly. To God of Life, I utter my gratitude quietly, "Thank you for reviving me,"