Walking Death

31.

As someone not related to the main story, I stand at the side and watch how High-Flier's Heroine, Colleen Zephyr, lives her life. It is known that she is Blessed by Goddess of Fortune. It is known that Colleen Zephyr is someone very lucky. It is known that her luck causes others to envy her.

Neither me nor Verity nor Sterling nor Will nor Credence nor Lofty envy her though. If I have to say it, I will say that Lady Mega Bond definitely envies Lady Zephyr.

Lady Bond is a person who is in the 'antagonist' club along with me, as the Villainess! Because she is the Villainess, it means she is someone important to the main story. Her importance... Let's see, besides being the Daughter of Duke Bond, she is also someone who has the highest chance to be engaged with Prince Credence Tycoon.

To talk about Lady Bond... I recall something that happened which I had unintentionally brushed off. The one emitting killing intent at the party when I danced with Credence was Lady Bond, wasn't it? The one emitting killing intent and the one who made me faint were two separate people, after all.

At that time, Lady Bond was jealous of me. Right now too, Lady Bond is envious of Lady Zephyr. Because of Lady Zephyr's lucky encounters with the love interests, Lady Bond is looking more and more scary with each passing days.

That's right. No matter what Lofty and I decide, Lady Zephyr is not someone we can just avoid because we want to. It's inevitable for her to get closer to people. There is no real reason for anyone to avoid her, without causing a scene.

Back to Lady Bond. The one who notices her worsening mood is not only me. Yet, because he is part of the cause, I wonder what I should do about that.

When Credence calls me to meet him after my date with Lofty Quartz, I thought he will be the first to interrogate me. To know that he calls me to talk about his problem, I feel relieved and let down my guard. It's something I will pay for later.

For now, "I don't know you care so much about Lady Bond," I tell Credence honestly because I am genuinely surprised

"Of course I care about her. Lady Bond---Mega is my childhood friend," Credence talks about their relationship quite fondly

Do they have a setting like that? I don't remember ever learning it. I only know that Prince Credence and Lady Bond knew each other. I see. Then, why doesn't he just talk to Lady Bond instead of asking me for help?

"I asked. She said it's nothing. Even you can see that it's not nothing, can't you?" this time, Credence sounds troubled

When have I become the place they go to for a counselling? "In any case, if you want to relieve Lady Bond of her troubles, grabbing me away when the class ends with her witnessing it certainly is not the right thing to do,"

"Oh?" Credence widens his eyes in surprise

I stare at him for a bit. Since he really looks like he has no idea why it's wrong, I plainly tell him, "Lady Bond is jealous. You taking me away is certainly adding fuel to her jealousy flame,"

"Jealousy, you say?" Credence sounds confused when being enlightened

Seeing where the course of the conversation is going, I wonder if Credence will question why Lady Bond is jealous. Without knowing if I am right on the mark, Credence asks, "At which stage in a relationship does that happen?"

Not understanding what he means, I stare at him blankly.

"The reason Mega is in a bad mood is because she is jealous, right?" as I nod slowly, uncertainly, Credence continues his questioning, "Then, do you know at which stage in a relationship that will cause one party to be jealous of the other party?"