Witch's Heart by Valia Lind

This juicy snippet is from the Fated Mates anthology which is available to preorder on iTunes and Nook right now (links in comments).

"Hey! You can't park there! You're blocking!"

Jumping out of my car, I slam the door and march over to the blue Buick SUV parked right in front of the entrance to the cafe/bookstore. The window rolls up before I get there, but that won't stop me. I knock on the door, and it opens just as I put my hands on my hips.

"You are illegally blocking the doorway. You need to move."

I jump back as the driver's side door opens and a body much larger than mine gets out. Glancing up, I stumble standing still as I meet the eyes of the gorgeous man in front of me. He's dark, like the earth right before the sun comes up. But his eyes are as light as snow.

"Is there a problem?" He asks when I continue to stand there like a statue. Shaking my head, I stand up straighter and point at his car.

"The problem is that you parked illegally, and you need to move. You may not think so, but other people need to get through here."

"I don't see how this is illegal." He turns and motions to the sign. I step around his large body and notice it for the first time. Apparently, the cafe needed more spaces because they repainted the lines and there is now a parking spot right in front of the front door.

I huff at the sign, before turning my attention back to the guy in front of me. He's got a small smile on his lips now, as he stands there watching me.

"Okay, so they may have changed that in the last two days."

"Is that your way of apologizing?"

"I don't think I have to apologize. You're still blocking the way." I motion to the couple that just got out of their car and are walking around his Buick to get to the front door.

"That's not exactly my fault."

"It is for having a large car!"

"Oh, now my car is at fault?"

His smile grows into a full blown smirk and it's taking much of my self control not to let everything boiling up inside of me out. I'm trying to control my magic, but my emotions are too riled up and I can feel it seeping through my protective walls.

"It's clearly a problem," I point as another person tries to get through. This time, when I meet his eye, he winks. That sets me off in a way that I don't expect. My magic pours out of me, stretching out a good radius around me and I feel it all. The couple inside the cafe buying coffees and a muffin to share. The guy who just walked in, annoyed at the hassle of rounding the vehicle. The barista who stubbed her toe a few minutes ago and is now experiencing the pain. The dog walker down the street, smiling down at her puppy.

I read all of their emotions. Except for the man in front of me. I don't feel anything from him.

His emotions are nonexistent.