Forgotten

Chapter 1

This was a very random idea. Don't judge it. Comment on what you think.

Percy's POV

They had forgotten. I had assumed they were busy, and they were. They called the next day.

They had forgotten. I was sure they could make time for a friend, they had to be busy. They called a week later.

They had forgotten. This time it took a month before they realized. They said they were so sorry.

They had forgotten, and this time, they didn't call back.

I was forgotten. My friends were gone. They had gone to another life.

I was forgotten. No one knew me by name.

I was forgotten. Memories twisted, constricting with time. I was a legend. I was a hero. I was a myth. I became known as a made-up story. Not even the ones I was closest to knew if I existed.

I am lonely. I am sad. I am forgotten. I am dead. I am known as Percy Jackson.

Walking alone along the polished sidewalk in the Elysium sometimes helped me think. I saw the new heroes of the age strut with pride. I smiled at them, no smile was returned. I sighed.

I entered the house I had been given when I had first gotten there. I went to the mirror and looked at my reflection. I saw what I couldn't see without the mirror, I was fading.

There is a belief that mortals can't fade. That is a lie. Most don't because somewhere, in someone's memories, they exist. Apparently, I didn't. Apparently, all memories of me were being dismissed as a myth, a real myth at that.

Sighing, I held my hand in front of my face. In the mirror you could hardly see it, to my eye, it looked normal like I hadn't died in the first place.

I ran my hand through my almost nonexistent looking hair, my face turned into a worried expression, one that couldn't be seen.

On the street, I wasn't noticed. Not unless someone ran into me. I was grateful that I hadn't been run through. Sometimes though, my hand will go through an object. Although, it could just be a trick of the light, right?

I was sad no one remembered me, not even my wise girl. I guess that's what to be expected after thousands of years apart.

She lived that day. She was there when I told her to live her dream. She accepted immorality along with my other friends when offered. She promised to never forget me. She broke that promise.

Nico agreed to summon my spirit each year on my birthday, and he did. My friends all went into the forest at Camp Half-Blood where we spent the night.

Nico, being offered godhood so he could serve as his father's lieutenant, found it quite easy to do.

Annabeth had become Athena's lieutenant and finished designing Olympus.

Jason, Piper, Leo, Frank, and Hazel also became gods. They together fought to preserve and protect demigods. Mostly they just preserved tradition, but they worked hard to locate new demigods and protect the area they live until they were old enough to come to camp.

I walked into my kitchen. After being bored for so long, I had gotten good at baking.

I smiled at the old wrinkled recipe for cookies. The same ones my mom made for me. My mother, soon after I had died, had the apartment broken into. She prayed to my father. Not for herself, but for Estelle and Paul.