Chapter Eighteen: Expectations

Start from the beginning

Harry flew a bit higher, making a large, lazy circle around the pitch, and noticed that his fellow seeker was tailing him. Harry lightly smirked and dived. 

"It seems like Potter has spotted the snitch! He took a sharp dive and heading straight down! McLaggen has already dove after him! It's a race to the snitch this early the game! With twenty to zero  and Slytherins in the lead." Harry gripped his broom tightly and pulled it as hard as he could towards the sky. He grunted when the broom jerked harshly but he managed to level it out without causing any damage. "And it was fake! Potter has some skills on that broom, but will he be able to catch the snitch!" 

Harry scoffed lightly under his breath as he flew above the game to look for the snitch. He noticed that the other boy was tailing him, again. He sighed and flew lazily over the pitch, getting quite annoyed at the copycat. 

A flash of gold suddenly shine in Barry's eyes from the other side of the pitch and he gradually increased his speed. Harry prayed that Jordan wouldn't call him out. He prayed really hard, he did.

"It seems that Potter has caught sight of the snitch again!" Damn, Harry thought. "But is it a fluke this time as well, McLaggen seems to be wary!" Harry frowned at the name slightly before realizing it was the other seeker. He shook his head and zoomed after the snitch. He heard cheers and screams from the crowd, urging him to go faster. He obeyed.

The wind blew harshly, on the brink of painfully, against his cold skin and he could feel the butterflies of anxiety fluttering in his chest. He grinned widely and pushed his broom to go faster, stretching his hand out into the air. The snitch was a foot away. Closer. Almost there. Cheers were louder than ever and Harry could feel the fluttering of the wings against his fingertips. Then, the world spun. 

Harry's entire equilibrium was shook as he and his broom were hurtled through the air. He managed to pull his broom to a stop and saw McLaggens figure racing after the snitch. Harry sighed heavily and tore after the lion.

"Professer is that allowed? McLaggen has pushed Potter through the air! But Potter has recovered quite quickly and is right on his tail! This is gonna be a close one folks!" Harry tunes out the rest of the commentary and solely focused on the golden ball. He paid no mind to the wind, nor the butterflies. He only pushed his broom harder and outstretched his hand. 

They were neck and neck and if Harry could just go a little faster. Harry made quick desicion, and probably a bad one as well, and used just a little bit of wandless magic to fog up McLaggens goggles. The other boys made a small sound of surprise and slowed a little. Harry rushed forward and grasped the snitch, canceling the spell he had used at the same time.

"They've done it! Harry Potter has caught the snitch and Slytherin has now won the Cup!" Screams and cheers from the crowd rang in Harry's ears as he held up the snitch for everyone to see. Draco zoomed towards him with a smile and Harry smiled back.

"Wonderful as always, darling," Draco drawled in an overly sweet voice. Harry smiled at the nickname and tone before gliding slightly closer to the blond.

"But of course," Harry said in the same tone with a shrug. "Only the best team for you, sweetheart." Draco smiled and closed the gap between them to place a chaste kiss on Harry's lips. It lasted only a moment, maybe two, and Harry smiled into it. 

"Alright lovebirds," A voice called from below. They separated and shyly looked down to see Blaise standing with Pansy on the field, both with their arms crossed over their chests and a small smirk in their faces. "Let's go. We have a party to go to." 

A week later (ik lots of time skips here but it'll make sense later) 

Harry paced in his dorm, one arm hugging his stomach and the other propped on top of it with his thumb at his lips. His eyebrows scrunched slightly in thought and the soft, nearly silent, thud of his footsteps were the only noise.