Chapter Nine: Hearts Desire

Disclaimer: I sadly don't own Harry Potter, though I wish I did.

A/N: ok so first I would like to again thank all my readers, you guys have no idea how much it means to me for you guys to read this. Second I would like to warn you guys that my posts might not always be on time. When I started this story on Wattpad I had already written the first five chapters during the summer and then school started and threw my entire schedule off so I'm sorry in advance. Now on to the story!

Third POV

Harry was currently sitting at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall a month after break. Draco was on his left and Blaise on his right with Pansy, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle across from them. When they had gotten back from break, Harry was assault and with hugs, gracious thank yous and a few tears. Pansy had gotten and gold and rose quartz flower hair pin from Harry for Christmas and was positively livid when Harry told her that money didn't mean anything to him. Let's just say that Harry gave a promise he didn't intend to keep. He was met with tears from Fred and George who he had got matching silver bands with a paraiba blue apatite for Fred and a carnelian for George. They told them that what he had bought them was probably as much as their house and they promised that, no matter what it was, they would do anything he asked for as long as he let them. Neville gave him a giant hug over his Gryffindor themed bracelet with a gold lion and ruby eyes. He was happy everybody liked their presents, he was worried.

Harry snapped out of his thoughts and looked at his barely touched plate. He sighed. Draco looked over at him worriedly.

"You okay Har?"

"Just not that hungry. I think I'm going to go for a walk. I'll see you in the common room." Draco frowned but nodded as Harry got up and walked out of the Great Hall. The ravenette walked the halls, not paying attention to his surroundings when he came to a halting stop right in front of a wooden door. Harry looked around, he had no idea where he was. Out of pure curiosity, he pushed open the door. Inside sat a classroom. Unused, dusty and some of the shelves along the wall covered with sheets. Harry sneezed.

Harry walked further into the room and closed the door. As he did though a glint caught his eye. He turned towards it and saw a full body mirror. He walked closer and saw an inscription along the top of the frame. He squinted and saw the words 'Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi'. He frowned. What did that mean? He looked into the mirror and saw his reflection. He stared a little longer at his unhealthy pale skin, sunken face and skinny body. He sighed and went to turn his head away when the surface of the mirror rippled and the reflection changed. Harry stopped and stared in awe. It was him but he looked healthy. His skin no longer gaunt and pale. Next to him stood Draco. He was smiling and had an arm sling over Harry's shoulder and a silver band glinting on his ring finger. Harry frowned at the ring but pushed it aside and looked at the rest of the reflection. Behind stood Severus, which Harry didn't understand, and he was holding hands with a tall pale man with pale skin, chocolate brown hair and crimson red eyes. Harry didn't recognize this man but he felt an odd pang of longing as he stared. Harry looked behind the two men but didn't get a good look at anybody before he heard the door to the room creak open behind him. Harry whipped around, eyes wide, and saw a familiar old wizard.

"Hello Professor." Harry said quietly. The wizards blue eyes twinkled.

"Hello, my boy," Professor Dumbledore replied smiling. "So," said Dumbledore,"you, like hundreds before you, have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised."

"I didn't know it was called that, Sir."

"But I expect you've realized by now what it does?" Harry shook his head. "Let me explain. The happiest man on earth would be able to use the Mirror of Erised like a normal mirror, that is, he would look into it and see himself exactly as he is. Does that help?"