Money Issues (g)

Grayson-

Once the news spread that you and Grayson were dating, the negativity began to pop up on your feed. Fans were accusing you of being a gold digger, and many were saying that you were just with Grayson for his money. But what they didn't know, was that you didn't even know that Grayson was famous until he told you. You had to admit though, Grayson paid for pretty much everything when you two went out, and it made you feel guilty.

"Hey baby, ready to go to the store?" Grayson asked you, looking at you as he slipped his shoes on. You agreed and grabbed your purse, making sure that your wallet was tucked inside. Grayson opened the door to his Bronco and shut it once you were inside before jogging over to the driver's side. "Pick some music?" He said, handing you his iPhone and placing his hand on your thigh. You scrolled through his phone and picked Shawn Mendes' newest album, making him roll his eyes and laugh.

"What? I love him." You grinned cheekily, laying your hand on top of his and giving it a squeeze. The drive to the store was quick, and Grayson grabbed a grocery cart when we got inside. You walked behind him slowly, eyeing the shelves as you went by. Grayson never checked the prices when he picked things up, he didn't have a reason to. Now that you were looking at how expensive everything is, it made you feel even guiltier that he paid for your stuff.

You grabbed a few things and put them in the top part of the grocery cart, keeping it separate from Grayson's things. He continued to shop for groceries while you wandered over to the pharmacy section, grabbing some face wash and feminine products while you were there. "You done, babe?" Grayson asked as you put the last few things in the cart.

"I think so." You said, giving him a grin. He kissed your temple and walked up the register, getting ready to throw everything up there to be scanned. You beat him to it however, and put all your stuff up there first, smiling at the cashier. "This is separate from the rest." You told her, and she nodded and began scanning your items.

"What are you doing?" Grayson asked, the confusion evident in his voice. You ignored him, swiping your card when the cashier told you your total. When you finished, you looked over at Grayson.

"Babe, I think you need to empty the cart." You laughed, still ignoring the look that he gave you. You helped him throw everything up there quickly, thanking the woman as she finished scanning and he paid.

"Why did you pay for your own stuff? You know that I don't mind paying for you." Grayson said. You didn't respond. You were chewing on your bottom lip, wondering if you should just be honest with him. "(Y/n), are you even listening to me?" He sounded fed up at this point, and you cracked.

"Gray, the fans think that I'm only with you because you have money, and it's not true. But you do always pay for everything, and it's not fair to you." You said, running a hand through your hair in exasperation.

"Baby girl, don't worry about what they think. I know that you aren't with me for my money. And like I said, I happen to like paying for your stuff. I have money to spare, let me spoil my girl." He said, taking your hand in his and interlacing your fingers. "But, since you're paying today, how about we go to Starbucks?" He laughed loudly, letting out a slight wheeze, which made you crack up in return as he pulled into the Starbucks drive thru.