Who Texts First (e & g)

Ethan-

You text him first. After meeting him in the grocery store that day, you couldn't stop thinking about him. He was so handsome, and you thought that he was hilarious after you had talked to him for a few minutes, so you two exchanged numbers. His brother was nowhere to be found, and you had realized that he left Ethan alone, so he could hit on you without him staring over Ethan's shoulder. You didn't want to seem too eager, so you didn't text him that evening. However, you couldn't wait any longer, so you texted him the next morning.

"Hey, this is (y/n)."

You sat your phone down, flipping it over so you wouldn't be staring at it anxiously. You turned on Netflix, hoping to distract yourself, before you felt your phone buzz. You picked it up and smiled, seeing a response from Ethan.

"Hey. I thought you weren't going to text me." He inserted a winky face emoji at the end of the message, making your heart race. You turned on a movie and quickly responded, and the two of you texted back and forth nonstop for days to come.

Grayson-

He texts you first. After he got back home to his apartment, he quickly told his brother the story about what happened at Starbucks. Ethan encouraged him to text you, telling his younger brother to ask you out for dinner this weekend. Grayson sat down on the couch, quickly sending you a message and slamming his phone down on the table.

"Hey (Y/n). This is Grayson, I was wondering if you would maybe want to get dinner with me on Saturday?"

Ethan sat down on the couch beside him, teasing his brother relentlessly, but also hoping that she agreed. Even though he gave his brother a hard time, he didn't want him to get his heart broken. Grayson sat in silence, chewing on his thumbnail as he waited for a response. When his phone finally buzzed, he jumped, sending Ethan a fearful glance. "What are you waiting for? Open it!" Ethan said, whacking his brother on the arm and gesturing wildly towards the phone. Grayson wiped his sweaty hands on his jeans before picking up his phone.

"That sounds fun! Just let me know where we're going so I know what to wear."

Grayson fist pumped and let out a loud cheer. Ethan took the phone out of his hand to read the message, before messing up Grayson's perfectly styled hair. "I taught you well, young one." Ethan boasted, but his twin ignored him. He was too excited to focus, and he typed out a response, his heart pounding in his chest.